Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best place to get a cue refinished and re-jointed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll know when it arrives. The seller did say it was from the same piece. I don't think the seller would have lied for 8.50 XD.

I've already had a Travis cue. and I've emailed him but he can't get the shaft I want.

Also the GBL cues, looking at the prices I think will be to expensive. But I'll drop them an email and see what they possibly have got for me.

Comment

Seeing as you are so determined this is the right shaft for you, i guess you must of seen a pic of it, or was it on ebay or something ? post a pic or a link so we can see how good it is please

Comment

I have indeed seen pictures of it. They weren't brilliant quality pictures. But you could see the grain easily and as soon as I saw it I just had to buy it. But seeing as I have my PC for sale, I reformatted it. So I'll have to wait for it to arrive to get pics uploaded. It should be here already but due to the freak weather condition some places are experiencing, many deliveries are still held up.

Comment

Originally Posted by hunter101 View Post
          So I have a BCE Centre Split cue on route, from Ebay. Now i know people are going to be thinking why oh why buy a BCE cue. Well it's pretty simple. The Cue is all Ash and have a really nice Grain. The problem being as it's a BCE it will be varnished quite heavily, and also the grain won't line up from Butt to shaft due to the shoddy joints they have.

The work i want carried out is the following:

New Centre Joints
          Butt Joint
          Mini Butt
          Tele Extension
          Strip down and re-finish
          Re-grain
          New tip

Now I know where I could get the work done, but what I would like to know is where do you feel is the best place to get the work done. I have £200 maximum to get the work done. This includes postage to and from as I don't drive.

I don't want to have to wait months to get a custom cue made so that's my reasoning for going down this route.

If i were you i would get the cue first see if you like it and use it exactly as it is for a while before spending any money on it, that way you can be sure it suits you first. It is very unusual for anyone to spend £200 on a £8.50 cue unless of course it was a ye olde ash or expensive cue you got lucky on and bought for £8.50.

I can understand people having a cue along time and having work/repairs done regardless of cost or the value of the cue as its one that clearly suits them over years and years, i've got an old riley one i've had 30 years thats worth £20 in reality but its one of my trusty playing cues so i've spent on that as & when needed but i wouldn't on a cue i'd not tryed over a decent period.

Must admit when i first saw this post i thought it was a wind up but it seems you are serious in which case the advice you've been given so far is all good......and if you get the cue, try it & love it get the work done if not save your money and try some of the good people that have been mentioned...;-)

And don't worry we've all done crazy things when it comes to our cues..........lol
          Last edited by CueAntW147; 8 February 2012, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X