A new twist on an old problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A new twist on an old problem

My wife and I bought a new cue each for xmas presents for each other. Hers is, I think, burr walnut whereas mine is zebra wood. Hand spliced and quite nice one piece cues. Since then my boss here has been to the same place. He is also happy with his.

Once we had bought the cues the vendor asked us what name we would like on them. He has badges for all major manufacturers and will badge a new cue with any one of them you care to select. How is that for a novel service?

I had heard that power tool manufacturers here if you order more than a certain number will make them whatever colour you want and if you order even more will put on them whatever name you want. I had never heard it of cues though and on an individual cue by cue basis.
    王可

Originally Posted by philip in china View Post
    Once we had bought the cues the vendor asked us what name we would like on them. He has badges for all major manufacturers and will badge a new cue with any one of them you care to select. How is that for a novel service?
    Glad you and the wife like your christmas gifts. What make of cues are they?
    To me, what the vendor is proposing is fraud, is it not? Putting another makers badge (probably a fake badge as well) on a cue that is not made by that maker?
    Did you read that thread ("keep eyes peeled" or something like that) about the previous Parris Ultimate badge from a broken cue being put on another cue (make unknown) and being sold as an Ultimate.
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

It undoubtedly is fraud or some other similar offence. I just loved the completely open way in which he offered the service. I hadn't seen the other thread to which you refer. Maybe some time I will try to find it. It can be almost impossible to buy anything genuine here sometimes.
      王可

Comment

ni hao Philip

I have heard it is particularly difficult to be sure of what you get in China now-a-days.
        here is the old thread, that came true a great prediction by JRC
        http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board...ghlight=peeled
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

I just saw that about the JP badge. The thing with, say, a fake JP badge is if you saw 10 real ones and then 11 was a fake it would possibly stand out but that is unlikely to be what is happening. I like the construction grade silicon breast implants story. That is nothing to do with China of course. With it happening in France and today being the Bicentenary of the birth of Charles Dickens which of his books does that scam call to mind?
          王可

Comment

Working...
          X