Help Please with Cue Design!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Please with Cue Design!!

I've ordered a cue and from day one I couldn't make up my mind as to what design to use for it.

It is a long spliced cue with 4 decorative splicings at 12".

The decorative wood I chose is thuya burr but I can still change it to cocobolo or tulipwood.

The Design:

Ash - Ebony - thick maple veneers - thick ebony veneers - thuya burr - small front ebony splice.

Please let me know what you think about this?!?

An alternative design I had in mind before was to have the same thing with the thuya burr and the small ebony splice, only with thin red veneers all around, or 3 veneers red/black/red.

I know it's personal taste but still any comments will be much appreciated!!

three veneers of white, black, then white again looks really nice i think

Comment

So in other words it's like this? Cue 1.jpg I personally like the sound of this design, but I personally wouldn't have the small ebony splice that is purely because I don't think it looks very good. At the end of the day though it's going to be your cue so have whatever you think you will like best :snooker:
      "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

Have a play on mw's virtual cue maker or jp's cue builder. You can get a good idea of what it'll look like using that, and make your mind up from that.
        If you want to play the pink, but you're hampered by the red, you could always try to play the brown!

Comment

I would repeat as above, don't have the small ebony splice, let the Thuya shine though
          Also, it is a personal choice so what replies you get here don't count diddly
          Who have you ordered the cue from?
          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

I'm also in the same situation. Ordered ash with ebony 4 olivewood splices with red vaneers. Didn't know whether to order red green or purple vaneers.

Comment

Originally Posted by deant1982 View Post
              Have a play on mw's virtual cue maker or jp's cue builder. You can get a good idea of what it'll look like using that, and make your mind up from that.
              I was actually using jp's cue builder for this one but it didn't do the job. I'm using mw's right now and it really helps get a much better idea of what the cue will look like!!

Thanks for the advice! Thank you Mike

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                I would repeat as above, don't have the small ebony splice, let the Thuya shine though
                Also, it is a personal choice so what replies you get here don't count diddly
                Who have you ordered the cue from?
                Thanks mate!

Yeah I know but it still helps knowing others preferences... the thing is I want that front splice because all the cues I have come with 4 secondary splices. It looks like I'm gonna have to go for the alternative design with the red veneers after all. I just can't see how this front splice will fit with the white and black thick veneers on top of the burr.

I ordered from Stamford by the way.

Comment

Still can't decide what to go for!!!

Comment

Not sure if you have seen this webpage, but have a look at these, especially the bottom right cue.
                    http://www.mastercraft-cues.co.uk/10....php?p=4&pno=0
                    may help, or may give you more to think on
                    all the best
                    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Maybe like this, the picture is not so good.
                      Tuaya geel zwart 4.jpg

This is with four ebony splice, at the end

Justens P 3.jpg
                      Daniel
                      Every point counts double with my homemade snooker cue
                      https://www.facebook.com/bungda.cue1/photos_albums

Comment

Originally Posted by Guy3103 View Post
                        I was actually using jp's cue builder for this one but it didn't do the job.
                        that'll be on account of it being crap

I'm using mw's right now and it really helps get a much better idea of what the cue will look like
                        yeah baby...

I ordered from Stamford by the way.
                        one small thing - you are aware that all vcm images and intellectual property are copyrighted, protected by international law, and must not be reproduced for personal or business use?

and that i have ties with the russian mafia?

don't worry, i'll let it go. this time...

actually i like it when people try other cues. makes them appreciate me more...

btw, check your email guy, ref F1 extensions
                        The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                          Not sure if you have seen this webpage, but have a look at these, especially the bottom right cue.
                          http://www.mastercraft-cues.co.uk/10....php?p=4&pno=0
                          may help, or may give you more to think on
                          all the best
                          4th cue down middle row ebony,maple,snakewood looks very nice

Comment

It is really your idea that counts. And if you dont like it you can always order another cue LOL.

But serious, it is your design and should reflect your taste. As long as you are happy it is what counts.

My personal advice would be to stay away from something too complicated. You may want to see all yoru favorite woods and design in the same cue but it does not always work that way.
                            Last edited by poolqjunkie; 8 February 2012, 03:16 AM.
                            www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by ste bed View Post
                              4th cue down middle row ebony,maple,snakewood looks very nice
                              that 1 is similar to the 1 i made for dwayne except were maple is it is tulipwood

Comment

Working...
                              X