woods cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• woods cues

seen a few one piece ones on ebay, with the case and extentions. wondering if anyone has one? or know of anyone?
    is the butt real ebony? or sprayed? cheers

one of my mates has one and the butt is rosewood. im not sure about the ebony i would assume it isn't sprayed. my mates cue is half decent tbh and good value for money

Comment

my mate has a maple 3/4 its sprayed

Comment

they come from hong kong not to sure what the cues are like but i emailed them about buying a case on its own £45 delivered and tbh its not bad at all it looks good and serves its purpose

Comment

I've got a 3/4. The "ebony" is I think dyed rosewood. The cue itself is fine. A bit light, but good balance. The only downside is the finish. Its got a kind of lacquer on it so feels a bit plasticky but I use it as a spare (i also own a cannon match and a mannock I'm restoring) so it can't be that bad. The splicing isn't exact, but not a million miles out. Certainly worth the money if its below £100 with a case and extensions!
          If you want to play the pink, but you're hampered by the red, you could always try to play the brown!

Comment

these were the ones why i posed the question, they look nice but picture can be decieving

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ONE-PIECE-...item3a7024dbb6

Comment

could be a piece of dirt or could be a gem . . . you never really know with these asian mass produced cues . . . they say its made from north american ash but i would say that is bullsh1t for a start! probably worth a bid or too . . if the price is right its probably worth a punt

STEVE DAVIS = BEST THERE WAS, BEST THERE IS, BEST THERE EVER WILL BE. PERIOD!!

Comment

i play with the cheaper Woods ** cue. and it suits my style of keen amateur, top break 79 aften hit 30's to 40's. cannot fault it at all it straight and feels good. Much better then the cuecraft one i had. user choice...

Comment

i have seen a few of these, some pretty decent as well, as said above i would say all the ones i have seen are dyed rosewood, a friend of mine has had one of these about 2 years now and they dye still looks fine with no fading but like people say you rather get lucky or unlucky with these, my friends had a pretty stiff shaft and playes pretty well with a nice responsive hit, you can just treat the butt to stop the fading of the dye

Comment

had a looks at my friends cue and looks like ebony, but could be dyed rosewood. the hit of the ball is very stiff, only bad point add say was the finish, quite sticky, but could be sorted with wirewool and oil

Comment

I have seen a few and had a few in and too be Honest there Cheap Mass Produced Rubbish, Not great Cues at all and yes most are rosewood but some dyed Definately Not ebony!.

Comment

Working...
                      X