No announcement yet.

New cue dissapointment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its agreed that the cue will be remade and ill pay for shipping. Im happy with him so I dont want to really name him he is trying his best to fix the situation from my perspective. Thanks for the thoughts guys.

Comment

Well where there's wood & metal there can always be movement, shrinkage/expansion etc.
      I suppose in the case of the joint if the wood has been drilled out more to fit a thicker joint this makes it more likely to split at some point ( the old cuecraft dot to dot joints were a nightmare for this ) i always think a joint that has a thinner thread and so more wood around it reduces the chances of splitting.

As for wood & splices etc thats another matter and sending to countries like Canada is known to cause problems due to extreme climate changes, no doubt Mike & all our good cuemakers know all about this, what leaves the workshop as perfect can end up being something totally different on delivery, which can be costly and a shame for everyone involved and actually nobodys fault in many cases.
      Last edited by CueAntW147; 12 February 2012, 12:14 AM.

Comment

Good to know that your cue maker is taking care of this issue in such a timely fashion.
        I recently shipped a 1 piece cue to Australia and the shipping cost was a bit over $200 USD. If I wanted express it would be $300 USD. I made a mistake and only quoted about $75 USD. I paid the difference out of my own pocket. Shipping to Australia is very expensive and I am glad to hear you have worked that out with your cue maker.
        As for package I always overpack and try to leave layers of air jackets around the cue to reduce the drastic attack of temperature variations up in the air and in the back of the truck during transit. But as Mike has pointed out, wood will move and crack especially when it is spliced to metal and other wood. We can only try our best to prevent it.
        Last edited by poolqjunkie; 12 February 2012, 12:21 AM.
        www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
          Good to know that your cue maker is taking care of this issue in such a timely fashion.
          I recently shipped a 1 piece cue to Australia and the shipping cost was a bit over $200 USD. If I wanted express it would be $300 USD. I made a mistake and only quoted about $75 USD. I paid the difference out of my own pocket. Shipping to Australia is very expensive and I am glad to hear you have worked that out with your cue maker.
          As for package I always overpack and try to leave layers of air jackets around the cue to reduce the drastic attack of temperature variations up in the air and in the back of the truck during transit. But as Mike has pointed out, wood will move and crack especially when it is spliced to metal and other wood. We can only try our best to prevent it.
          What about packing cues with Silica Desiccant Packets and Humidity Indicator Cards like these?

http://www.silicagelpackets.com/
          Mayur Jobanputra, Snooker Coach and Snooker Enthusiast
          My Snooker Blog: www.snookerdelight.com

Comment

Does that mean that if I travel back and forth across the ocean with my cue in the airplane (I live in both Malaysia and the Netherlands and so often travel back and forth), sooner or later there will be issues with the wood? Or is this only an issue with shipping via the post service?

Comment

Originally Posted by mikeadyla View Post
              Does that mean that if I travel back and forth across the ocean with my cue in the airplane (I live in both Malaysia and the Netherlands and so often travel back and forth), sooner or later there will be issues with the wood? Or is this only an issue with shipping via the post service?
              In that case, the professional players would be having all sorts of problems with their cues as they travel to all the tournaments around the world.

Comment

That is true. I can be silly sometimes with my questions

Comment

Originally Posted by mikeadyla View Post
                  The postal courier ships your cue in the cargo hold and so is the airline when you check your cue in.
                  Son in theory what can happen to one can happen to another.
                  There might be issues if your cue is not well packaged, i.e. damage (like Hendry's cue).
                  If you travel a lot, those ski cases are really good for protecting your cues (assuming you have a 1 piece cue).
                  www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Working...
                  X