Peradon Joe Davis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peradon Joe Davis

Hey anyone try this Peradon Joe Davis Range??

http://www.billiardsboutique.com/per...FcpB4QodZw3sIQ

STEVE DAVIS = BEST THERE WAS, BEST THERE IS, BEST THERE EVER WILL BE. PERIOD!!

I haven't actually owned one, but have played with one before and they have a Really horrible varnish on them! I'd wait and have a browse on ebay things often crop up for this price, or the phoenix cue range seem to be getting very good reviews at the moment and are in this price range. :snooker:
    "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

Originally Posted by willtyson View Post
      I haven't actually owned one, but have played with one before and they have a Really horrible varnish on them! I'd wait and have a browse on ebay things often crop up for this price, or the phoenix cue range seem to be getting very good reviews at the moment and are in this price range. :snooker:
      Yea me and Cameron were browsing the craftsman site and think im guna go for a phoenix . . . but stuck between phoenix master and phoenix mark williams.

Comment

Hmm, I imagine they'll be fairly similar, except the price! I would go for the phoenix master :snooker:
        "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

Originally Posted by willtyson View Post
          I had a Peradon and as you say that varnish is horrible I have two Phoenix cues and they leave the Peradon in the shade.

Comment

My personal opinion of the joe Davis is... I love it. Almost bought one last week, felt really good and the one I had hold of in the shop didn't feel varnishy at all.

Comment

As the old saying goes "what ever floats your boat"

Comment

Originally Posted by mattmur View Post
                My personal opinion of the joe Davis is... I love it. Almost bought one last week, felt really good and the one I had hold of in the shop didn't feel varnishy at all.
                lol hate when this happens haha when some people say its hit and then someone says its great ha ! makes my decision alot harder ha

Comment

iNDEED

Comment

Originally Posted by Dave Maguire View Post
                    lol hate when this happens haha when some people say its hit and then someone says its great ha ! makes my decision alot harder ha
                    What's your budget? I'm not a pro collector so can't offer much advice but the job Davis felt really good, I've got a couple of peradons and to be honest for the money they were a steal. Don't go off what people say on here as gospel, get down to your local shop and try it out, they feel great.

Comment

My advice (For what its worth) take a look on the Craftsman Cues web site and some of the Phoenix range of cues.

Comment

Originally Posted by denja View Post
                        My advice (For what its worth) take a look on the Craftsman Cues web site and some of the Phoenix range of cues.
                        yea i love the mark williams phoenix replica on the site

Comment

Originally Posted by Dave Maguire View Post
                          yea i love the mark williams phoenix replica on the site
                          I own the Mark Williams Hand Spliced With Oak. Dave Brown at Craftsman customised it to my spec. I also own the Basic Machine spliced Phoenix Master, I rate both these cues very highly both for quality and value for money. but that is just my opinion.

Comment

Originally Posted by denja View Post
                            I own the Mark Williams Hand Spliced With Oak. Dave Brown at Craftsman customised it to my spec. I also own the Basic Machine spliced Phoenix Master, I rate both these cues very highly both for quality and value for money. but that is just my opinion.
                            U think the williams is a better quality than the machine spliced?

Comment

The Mark Williams has a better ash shaft the darts are very regular and the finish is glass smooth plus the oak inlay on the butt is very appealing to the eye, also the black and gold Mark Williams name plate is nice however these are just cosmetic, I had the shaft tapered very slightly by Dave at Craftsman, I find it hard to say how a cue plays but this cue is very fast and crisp in its feel. The Machine Spliced is a great cue that I have used in many matches the darts on the shaft are not as regular and the taper was a little thick (For Me) it felt a little slow and ploddy (compared to the Mark Williams Hand Spliced) "if you know what I mean",this could be due to it being a lot more heavy and slightly thicker taper than the Mark Williams it is a no nonsense cue plain ebony butt with no frills a good workhorse cue that I would suggest as a good first cue for a newbie but dont go for a heavy weight
                              Last edited by denja; 10 February 2012, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X