Another o'Sullivan Ultimate doing the rounds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by gazza147 View Post
    Ant.... Neil Tapperell, Adr147 + Many others who know me on Here will tell you I am a Genuine Honest guy who will help anybody out if I can as I have Given many Items away for FREE many of Times on Here Including Sending your m8 ( Hotpot Neil Talisman Ltd Cue Cloth) and if I can help you out Ant I will do same as I would with anybody else m8 ok No Hard Feelings at all ok.

Right Now lets get down to the Nitty Gritty..........lol......Who wants to Buy this ULTIMATE CUE on eBay!
    Gareth is a top bloke to deal with..........and not bad for a Welsh man !!!! Helped me out on a good few occassions .

I will pass on the Ultimate though .......just waiting for Fedia to give me a price for Ronnie's actual playing cue !................................wonder how long i will have to wait
    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Just a shame gareth uppER caseS the first letter of each word randomLY throughout HIs SEntances

Comment

Originally Posted by mattmur View Post
        Just a shame gareth uppER caseS the first letter of each word randomLY throughout HIs SEntances

Is this a forum or an english exam .

Comment

Gareth uses it to emphasis his threads .........nothing wrong with that .

Hotpot ...........if you ask a question .......please put this at the end .........?
          Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
            Gareth uses it to emphasis his threads .........nothing wrong with that .

Hotpot ...........if you ask a question .......please put this at the end .........?
            Lol sorry muck i forgot the teacher is on the forum

Comment

OK guys, I'm the one who bought the actual cue that Ronnie gave away after he lost the match against Dott at the crucible. I used to live in Oxfordshire and quite often went into London and visited the Parris shop as I have a good mate who lives less than a mile away from the shop. As a result I got to know John and His wife very well and spent many a happy hour chatting with them about players, cues etc.

When Ronnie decides that he wants a new cue he gets John to send him batches of cues, maybe three at a time and he tries them out and either keeps one or sends them all back. I have tried out many of these 'Ronnie Rejects' and even bought a couple and they are lovely cues, straight grain and more often than not, lovely arrows. It was me who bought Ultimate 1400 about 2 years ago. Also at that time Ronnie asked John for the first arrow to be about 6in from the ferrule.

So over the years, John Parris must have sent dozens of cues for Ronnie to try out and every one of the cues that Ronnie rejects are then sold on by John to lucky customers who just happen to be in the shop and have persuaded John to show them any cues that he may have in the workshop. On one of my visits in 2009 John showed me a cue that he had made for Ronnie and one of the newspapers (the Independant I think) had done an article of the cue.........believe me it was one of the nicest cues that I had ever seen. Perfect straight grain, about five arrows that were evenly spaced and just felt wonderful. God knows what Ronnie is looking for as that cue was perfection to me.

Oldgit
              'Believe To Achieve'

Comment

not a great looking cue, but story ties up. i would get £700 for it more or less.
                https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by Oldgit View Post
                  OK guys, I'm the one who bought the actual cue that Ronnie gave away after he lost the match against Dott at the crucible. I used to live in Oxfordshire and quite often went into London and visited the Parris shop as I have a good mate who lives less than a mile away from the shop. As a result I got to know John and His wife very well and spent many a happy hour chatting with them about players, cues etc.

When Ronnie decides that he wants a new cue he gets John to send him batches of cues, maybe three at a time and he tries them out and either keeps one or sends them all back. I have tried out many of these 'Ronnie Rejects' and even bought a couple and they are lovely cues, straight grain and more often than not, lovely arrows. It was me who bought Ultimate 1400 about 2 years ago. Also at that time Ronnie asked John for the first arrow to be about 6in from the ferrule.

So over the years, John Parris must have sent dozens of cues for Ronnie to try out and every one of the cues that Ronnie rejects are then sold on by John to lucky customers who just happen to be in the shop and have persuaded John to show them any cues that he may have in the workshop. On one of my visits in 2009 John showed me a cue that he had made for Ronnie and one of the newspapers (the Independant I think) had done an article of the cue.........believe me it was one of the nicest cues that I had ever seen. Perfect straight grain, about five arrows that were evenly spaced and just felt wonderful. God knows what Ronnie is looking for as that cue was perfection to me.

Oldgit

Im Glad somebody can back up my story of John Not Just making 1 Cue for Ronnie and Most importantly what Ronnie Told me about his Cue including the Arrows which Oldgit has Confirmed above what I already said.

Comment

Originally Posted by gazza147 View Post
                    Im Glad somebody can back up my story of John Not Just making 1 Cue for Ronnie and Most importantly what Ronnie Told me about his Cue including the Arrows which Oldgit has Confirmed above what I already said.
                    You never said that in the beginning tho you nutter..

I dunno i give up... you are just to much hard work for me... phew... kin ell mun.

WOW,
                    Last edited by cally; 12 February 2012, 10:09 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by cally View Post
                      You never said that in the beginning tho you nutter..

I dunno i give up... you are just to much hard work for me... phew... kin ell mun.

WOW,
                      Ant yes I said from Start if you Read Properly m8! Thats why I said I wasnt agreeing with what the Guy Said in Listing!

Only thing I did say was I should have Pointed out I meant Traditional Cue £250-£350......And this Cue was only worth a Ultimate Cue Price Not £1000's.

Ant I can see you wanna still have a Arguement so lets leave it at this as I already said to JRC this is a Snooker Forum to help each Other not trying to Argue with every Tom, Dick, Harry!

Ant I have tried with you and said Whats gone on in Past is forgotten but seems like you just wanna Argue! Why i dont know.

And the "REASON" For the Capitals is to Stand the Word out from the rest before anybody says about it....lol

Comment

Last edited by cally; 13 February 2012, 09:22 AM.

Comment

Oldgit
                          am sure if you had bought the cue mate, you would have sooner than later sold it on lol

Comment

Originally Posted by mattyshinobi22 View Post
                            am sure if you had bought the cue mate, you would have sooner than later sold it on lol
                            Lol you are so right!! I also have one of your old cues at the moment Matty, an absolutely beautiful Hunt and Osborne green plate cue that you had made back in 2008, I even have your original receipt from H&O for £490 with the cue.

Oldgit
                            'Believe To Achieve'

Comment

Lol you are so right!! I also have one of your old cues at the moment Matty, an absolutely beautiful Hunt and Osborne green plate cue that you had made back in 2008, I even have your original receipt from H&O for £490 with the cue.

Oldgit
                              loverly cue mate, broke my heart when i couldnt get on with it, sold to gloveman for £300

Comment

Originally Posted by mattyshinobi22 View Post
                                loverly cue mate, broke my heart when i couldnt get on with it, sold to gloveman for £300
                                somebody did well
                                https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Working...
                                X