Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Barracuda Professional Cue

Hi Guys,

I was just trying to research my old cue and came across this forum via Google.

I recently dug out my old Barracuda Professional cue that i bought about 15 years ago.

It was secondhand then so i estimate this cue could be anything from 20-30 years old!!

I was just wondering if it was worth anything? Im not really thinking of selling it but at the moment its in a rather naff soft case and if it turns out to be a valuableish cue then i might treat it to a proper 3 piece Barracuda aluminium case :-)

Here are a couple of pics... the cue is in pretty good nick with a couple of dings on it here and there but nothing serious!!

Any help greatly appreciated :-)

This cue was made as part of the early Barracuda range and I was a major distributor . It dates from around 1989 +. The earlier edition had a wooden turned joint. It sold at the time for about £75 - £80. The quality was generally quite good with a nice knowledgeable balance. F.

Comment

Originally Posted by franksandellsnooker View Post
      This cue was made as part of the early Barracuda range and I was a major distributor . It dates from around 1989 +. The earlier edition had a wooden turned joint. It sold at the time for about £75 - £80. The quality was generally quite good with a nice knowledgeable balance. F.
      thanks for the reply mate!!

lol so yet again something i was ripped off on as i paid more than that for it when i bought it!!

oh well thats one more thing to take down the tip with me tomorrow.

Comment

Dont' forget I am talking a price of over 20 Years ago!!!!. That is a good playing cue. Dont' just "chuck it". Or of course if you decide to give it away donate to a youngster as a fine first cue. F.

Comment

Originally Posted by franksandellsnooker View Post
          Dont' forget I am talking a price of over 20 Years ago!!!!. That is a good playing cue. Dont' just "chuck it". Or of course if you decide to give it away donate to a youngster as a fine first cue. F.

I think its now the disappointment of thinking i had actually bought something decent and now realising that its just a cheapo cue which is not woth anything at all.

TBH my only satisfaction now will come from seeing it destroyed.

I know thats a strange thing to say but im fed up with always getting conned.

Comment

Originally Posted by markyd3 View Post
            I think its now the disappointment of thinking i had actually bought something decent and now realising that its just a cheapo cue which is not woth anything at all.

TBH my only satisfaction now will come from seeing it destroyed.

I know thats a strange thing to say but im fed up with always getting conned.
            Every cue eventually finds its true and final owner. Put it up for sale on here or Ebay and let someone have a go with it. If you got conned, well that is bad luck and unfortunate but it's worth something to someone to be sure.

Just don't destroy it.
            Mayur Jobanputra, Snooker Coach and Snooker Enthusiast
            My Snooker Blog: www.snookerdelight.com

Comment

I have a Barracuda Professional one piece and yes it is a machine spliced " mid range model" , I have also had a centre jointed version and one thing that stands out about the older Barracudas is that they play well , they tend to stay straight and they have a reasonable second hand value ( obviously the " Kirkham " series,being hand spliced are more sought after).For some reason they are popular in Australasia , dont know why but its true.I would E-Bay the cue and see what happens.To destroy a good playing cue seems senseless, but the cue is yours and you can do what you want with it.

Comment

Working...
              X