Difference Between Hand Spliced and Machine Spliced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difference Between Hand Spliced and Machine Spliced

Im new to this so what difference does hand splicing make compared to machine splicing? to the actual cue and how it plays?

a lot of answers for you here:

http://www.handmadecues.com/home/20-advice.htm
    The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Genius, Cheers mate. great guide for an amatuer

Comment

Handmade cues will be consistenly better quality as more attention to detail is taken , machine made cues can be very good but the the odds of finding a good one is less than they are for a handmade cue , i think the woods are superior on a handmade cue compared to a machine made one .

Comment

Originally Posted by hotpot View Post
          Handmade cues will be consistenly better quality as more attention to detail is taken , machine made cues can be very good but the the odds of finding a good one is less than they are for a handmade cue , i think the woods are superior on a handmade cue compared to a machine made one .
          Hmmm.. I'm not so sure..

I have lots of machine spliced cues that play better than hand spliced ones.
          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Old cue collector --
          Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
          (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally Posted by perpetualboredom View Post
            Hmmm.. I'm not so sure..

I have lots of machine spliced cues that play better than hand spliced ones.
            ye i agree , i,ve played with some craching machine spliced cues , but the playability is purely subjective the chances are is that handmade cues will be built of a higher quality than machine cues n a more consistent basis .

Comment

Well I just picked up a splendid maple Burwat Champion cue a few weeks back from a member here. Hits like some of the best one piece cues I ever got my hands on. So hard to say but Hotpot is correct - hand spliced have the attention to detail whereas machine spliced are usually done on a production line.
              Mayur Jobanputra, Snooker Coach and Snooker Enthusiast
              My Snooker Blog: www.snookerdelight.com

Comment

Working...
              X