SD joint for mini butt and extensions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SD joint for mini butt and extensions

Im getting sick of unscrewing my cue when i need to put an extension on so im going to get a SD joint so i can screw in extensions into the butt of the cue instead.

Just one question, how long does it take to do, will they be able to fit the SD joint to the butt of my cue there and then?

You do realise that "SD joint" is the name that John Parris uses for the type of joint that he had developed some years ago, supposedly with Steve Davis
    So if you specifically want an SD butt joint fitted, contact John Parris and get a quote, it usually is not that much to do.
    There are other cue makers and cue doctors that can fit other types of butt joints but remember that you will have to get a mini butt and /or a teleextension to fit that type of joint.
    You may be able to have this job done - while you wait - but I do think it can take some time, so maybe it could be, go away for a cuppa and come back later
    where are you located? that could help with any advice
    cheers
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Tony glover put a female joint in my cue whilst i waited. Took about 10 mins if that. He just said dont use it for a day to allow the glue to set fully.
      If you want to play the pink, but you're hampered by the red, you could always try to play the brown!

Comment

yep a friend got a new cue at JP and had a SD butt joint fitted in about 20 mins he said, and JP said don't use it for a day or two for the glue to set
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Mastercraft changed the female butt joint on my Thai cue in about 15 minutes...
          Unclevit C Brand - CueGuru Tip.

Comment

thanks for the replies

Comment

Any of the well known cue-makers will do it and do a good job. I've used Mastercraft (Shropshire) and Wright Cues (Hull) and both were excellent. For me the postage was more than the cost of the work.

Comment

i guess as his name is aussie147 his choices over here are very limited

Comment

Working...
                X