Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would cue oil help the performance of a cue that has never been oiled?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would cue oil help the performance of a cue that has never been oiled?

I have heard that cue oil nourishes the wood. Does it increase screw or make the shaft stronger or stiffer or play better?

You are partly right Kramer8......cue oil protects (feeds) the wood and will only soak up what it needs. It also brings out the grain of the timber in your cue so it will look soooo much better with a bit of tlc. It will also make it smoother in the bridge hand......just smooth on with a soft dry cloth and wipe off any excess.....leave to dry and it will be ready to go.
    You may defeat me but I will fight you to the very end!!!!

Comment

No, it wont generally make your cue play better simply with oiling.
      The responsiveness and firmess you are talking about is determined by the shaft timber, taper, balance and things like that.
      But if you dont take care of your wood it may dry up, or even crack, then your cue is ruinned.
      www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by kramer8 View Post
        I have heard that cue oil nourishes the wood. Does it increase screw or make the shaft stronger or stiffer or play better?
        For screw shot especially if you need the power, it might help abit if your shaft is smooth.

Comment

Do you oil the whole cue or just the shaft?

Comment

if the cue is a proper cue you can do all of it.
            https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

im glad you asked this because im thinking of getting some oil for my cue!

Comment

hi i just oiled my cue and i got oil on the tip will it effect the tip as i only just put the tip on yestrday

Comment

Originally Posted by mr pool player potter 11 View Post
                  hi i just oiled my cue and i got oil on the tip will it effect the tip as i only just put the tip on yestrday
                  yes it will affect the tip...depends how much oil that made contact with the tip tho...might be ok to lightly sand the tip again if the oil has not soaked in to the tip if it has the i am afraid you will have to replace the tip for a oil free one.
                  Not played for 3 years and itching for a game....11-3-2017.

Comment

Oops change the tip.

Comment

next time, oil the cue before you fit the new tip ... much safer!

Comment

HOw often should I oil my cue and which oil should I use?

Comment

I got oil on my tip once,was a good tip too, and I miss cued every other shot, so change the tip and don't do it again lol. Maybe next time put some electrical tape around tip and ferrule and burnish the oiled cue with cardboard, next day wipe with a damp cloth and burnish again.. Hopefully you don't have a ebonx butt, if you do or there is any lacquer on the cue the oil will not soak in.

Comment

Working...
                          X