Black King Tips Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black King Tips Review

Lance (slasher on here) put on a Black King Layered soft tip for me a few days back. It's supposedly the competitor to Moori which has been going down in standard in recent years. The old Moori tips come off in ribbons and are well made. The new batch of Moori's coming out these days are supposedly made in China now - not Japan anymore.

Anyways, I started using this tip. It's excellent. Holds chalk well, has a nice feel and plays consistenly well.

http://www.blackkingtips.com
    Mayur Jobanputra, Snooker Coach and Snooker Enthusiast
    My Snooker Blog: www.snookerdelight.com

Just had a look on the black king website longbomber..... $18.95 (£12) per tip is that right??
    Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
    Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

Yep, that would the right price m8. Expensive but trust me, well worth it. I had another session at the club tonight and the tip hits fantastically.

Comment

They look interesting.

What tip did you try out, the soft, medium or hard ?

What size are these tips in mm, i couldn't spot anything on the website where it says the size of them, just trying to work out how much trimming is involved and how easy they are to trim.

Are they suitable for snooker as you didn't say whether you tried them out for pool or snooker, also is there anywhere in the UK that sells them ?
        sigpic

Comment

Sorry, forgot to mention I'm using the soft tip and yes it's a snooker cue. Mine was put on with a lathe and I saw it being installed. I figure it was about 12-13 mm in size to start, so definitely larger than what you need for snooker. The tip does in fact come off in ribbons and it took Lance about 10 minutes to install including shaping.

I'm still playing with it and delighted with the results. It's a good tip, as good as a Moori

Comment

Black King Tips Review

I have a spare black king tip soft, let me know if anyone wants it cheap

Comment

How much is cheap fella?

Comment

Black King Tips Review

£8? they're around £13 off the website

Comment

Black King Tips Review

That is a bit cheeky
                  I gave you that to try and your trying to flog it for £8 !!!

Comment

Ohh dear very shameful lukeeyw

Comment

Thank's for that Mike Dundee, I nearly bought this. This why i love this forum it forget's nothing

Comment

Black King Tips Review

worth a try don't worry I wouldnt take the £8 really! what's your address?

Comment

Working...
                        X