Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the weight ,length and tip size of a cue

Hi,

I am currently using John parris special cue which I bought last November from his store because I dont want to wait for half a year.

There were not too many choices for me at that time and the reasons for me to choose that cue is that it is a one piece cue and there is no butt design , which I thought it is a waste of money.

The length of the cue is 146cm I , the weight is 17, and the tip size is 8.5.

Now this is bothering me. I feel that it is a little bit lighter than I want to, and the most important, the tip size is so small which makes it like an English pool cue. Will these two matter a lot in performance? Which I mean, what is the difference between large tip and small tip? Or heavier and lighter cues?

Thanks your opinion.
    I wanna play more matches!

i luan i think most of what you stated depends on how good a cueist you are the smaller the tip the better cueist you have to be the rest of the cue you poss should be able to manage

Comment

unwanted side is the issue on a snooker table with this tip size. as a general rule for snooker you want 57-58" long 9-10mm tip and 17-19 oz
      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

There are other factors such as the stiffness/spring of the shaft and the taper and all that other issues. A cue with a small tip can still play very stiff and firm with good response. But as a general rule using a light cue with a small tip is more demanding on your fundamentals.
        www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
          But as a general rule using a light cue with a small tip is more demanding on your fundamentals.
          sounds a bit painful to me !

Comment

Originally Posted by jim evans View Post
            i luan i think most of what you stated depends on how good a cueist you are the smaller the tip the better cueist you have to be the rest of the cue you poss should be able to manage
            thanks, mate. yeah, that is true. after i use this cue i found that i have always put a little left side on cue ball in each shoot which was not that obvious in the past. now i am working to improve my cue action.

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
              unwanted side is the issue on a snooker table with this tip size. as a general rule for snooker you want 57-58" long 9-10mm tip and 17-19 oz
              thanks, is there any way to manage the cue tip size?

Comment

Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
                There are other factors such as the stiffness/spring of the shaft and the taper and all that other issues. A cue with a small tip can still play very stiff and firm with good response. But as a general rule using a light cue with a small tip is more demanding on your fundamentals.
                yes, thanks. i think the cue help me find my previous mistakes. now i can make lots of long pot whether the cue ball is comfortable or closed to the cushion. i can also make long distance back spin on cue ball like pros now. the problem is within this level, is there still difference between small tip size and large tip size? i used to play american pool in china with a predator cue which tip size was 14 mm, i just don't know what is the feeling when use a fine cue with tip size about 9-11mm.

Comment

Consider doing a flatter mushroom tip to compensate, should be able to bring it to 9mm.

Comment

Working...
                  X