Two Piece Cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two Piece Cues

as a basic amatuer i feel more comfortable with two piece cues anyone here use them? and what tends to be the best two piece cues etc...?

Originally Posted by DRP9 View Post
    as a basic amatuer i feel more comfortable with two piece cues anyone here use them? and what tends to be the best two piece cues etc...?
    not many people use them. Tends to be cheap and bad quality cues that are sold in the 2 piece design. If you like a split cue then go for a joint 3/4 the way down the shaft

STEVE DAVIS = BEST THERE WAS, BEST THERE IS, BEST THERE EVER WILL BE. PERIOD!!

Comment

Do many people on here use the 3/4 jointed for pool? As that's what I mainly play

Comment

I use a 3/4 cue for pool, wouldn't mind changing it to a 1 piece if I could.
        "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

Originally Posted by Dave Maguire View Post
          not many people use them. Tends to be cheap and bad quality cues that are sold in the 2 piece design. If you like a split cue then go for a joint 3/4 the way down the shaft
          Depends on who makes them Dave. I've tried some cracking 2 piece cues before although I do feel it's a pity to split the shaft, especially if it's an Ash with nice arrows/chevrons.
          When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back. GET MAD!!

Comment

Older two piece cues can play very well indeed.All you have to make sure of is that the cue was made from one piece of wood and then jointed after.If you can find a nice hand spliced Aeon Pro Series or Riley Burwatt ( circa 80s- early 90s ) with matching grain , then I dont think you will be disappointed.Some people may not realise that John Parris and Robert Osbourne ( Blue,Green & Black Plate) both offer centre jointed cues ,so if you want to spend some money then quality,centre joint cues do exist.Most major cue manufacturers can custom build centre joint cues , if centre joint is what you want then its available and if thats what you feel comfortable with,why change.

Comment

Originally Posted by old school View Post
              Older two piece cues can play very well indeed.All you have to make sure of is that the cue was made from one piece of wood and then jointed after.If you can find a nice hand spliced Aeon Pro Series or Riley Burwatt ( circa 80s- early 90s ) with matching grain , then I dont think you will be disappointed.Some people may not realise that John Parris and Robert Osbourne ( Blue,Green & Black Plate) both offer centre jointed cues ,so if you want to spend some money then quality,centre joint cues do exist.Most major cue manufacturers can custom build centre joint cues , if centre joint is what you want then its available and if thats what you feel comfortable with,why change.
              For cues during that era, Lewis & Wilson's 2 piece is of high quality too. Keep a look out for it esp those 2nd hand ones.

Comment

Working...
              X