Cue tip.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cue tip.

I've not long had a new cue, absolutely love it. Recently a small fraction of the tip has come off and it's bugging me, it's not really affecting my play but has anyone got any decent guides or video footage as to how to replace the old tip? I don't really want to do it myself unless i'm 100% sure it's not gonna mess my cue up!

Also does anyone know where to get decent tips from that look like the standard tip that always comes on the cue?

cheers.

Originally Posted by Jake O'Sullivan View Post
    I've not long had a new cue, absolutely love it. Recently a small fraction of the tip has come off and it's bugging me, it's not really affecting my play but has anyone got any decent guides or video footage as to how to replace the old tip? I don't really want to do it myself unless i'm 100% sure it's not gonna mess my cue up!

Also does anyone know where to get decent tips from that look like the standard tip that always comes on the cue?

cheers.
    MW supertips tend to be of a decent quality. Replacing a tip yourself is not too hard, just make sure you have everything you need before you start, glue, knife, sandpaper, etc and take your time and don't rush things.
    "Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error"
    - Linus Pauling

Comment

try youtube, there are several snooker retipping videos on there, theres also one on the john parris website.

The standard tips on cues your talking about are likely to be elkmaster or blue diamond tips, see ADR on here, he'll have some for sure.

Comment

Originally Posted by Jake O'Sullivan View Post

cheers.
        Welcome to forum.

Plenty of discussion regarding tips on here,

there is a guide on handmadecues.com, john parris has one on his site and youtube.

And somewhere on here is ADR's PDF guide.

As for the tips of tips, standard tips are pressed tips, blue diamonds, elkmasters. Then you have laminated tips which are harder.

other pressed tips are MW supertips and pro granite. I find MW supertips are great.

They is no such answer to which tip is best as everyone has there favourites and the one you prefer may differ to next man.

PS - what cue you got?

Comment

Ah cheers guys, very helpful. Anyone know what tip Judd uses?

atm, i'm just playing around with cannon react 3/4 English snooker cue. 8.75mm tip (i want 9.75mm tip when i re tip it) It has a simulated hand spliced ebony butt with yellow veneer and snake wood decal. The shaft is ash and is topped with the 8.75mm brass ferrule. Length: 57 inches / 145 cm......Weight: 17 oz / 481 g.......Tip: 8.75mm I'll get pics soon. I want another one which i'll be getting in the summer. there's a few websites that let you design your own so i might do that.

Comment

Here you go ADR's tip guide.....

http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~rh389/TSF/ADR147TIPGUIDE.pdf

Enjoy!!
            Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
            Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

Welcome to the TSF m8 If your after a Blue Diamond or Elk Master let me know and I will send you One for FREE ok.

Gaz.

Comment

Working...
              X