Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craftsman or Glover?

Which one would you prefer?
    A brand-new Craftsman Pro-ash cue or a second-hand Glover?

It seems like glover is a better choice as they have good reputation on cues
    but according to older posts, pro-ash is also quite nice.

to make your mind up about craftsman they have a table to try their cues out, which may influence your decision. however glover make great cues too. but as you know a cue should be chosen on is playability not looks

Comment

Can be a bit iffy, those 2nd hand cues... There are good ones around for sure but I'd only buy them from a trustworthy seller or if I have some knowledge about the cue itself, for e.g. when was it made or how many times have it changed hands etc... or better still if I can try out the cue, especially if the cue is rather dear.

Although I have yet to try a Craftsman cue, the reviews seem to be good as you may have read. I did make some other purchases from them. My impression was that they run a very customer-centric and efficient business. Very nice dealing with them.

I sometimes play with a Glover cue. Hits quite solidly but not too stiff and easy to get used to. Good cue.
      When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back. GET MAD!!

Comment

Originally Posted by mattyshinobi22 View Post
        to make your mind up about craftsman they have a table to try their cues out, which may influence your decision. however glover make great cues too. but as you know a cue should be chosen on is playability not looks
        yea definitely, that's why I prefer plain cue than those with all sort of rare wood
        it's just a cue to play, i'd rather play with it than simply look at it

But the problem is, I live far away from UK. I don't even have a chance to try out their cue

Comment

both make good cues
          https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Out of the two, which have the smoother finishes?

Comment

both are smooth - glover is an oiled finish craftsman use their own hard wearing wax - i like both.
              https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by Trump1211 View Post
                Which one would you prefer?
                A brand-new Craftsman Pro-ash cue or a second-hand Glover?

It seems like glover is a better choice as they have good reputation on cues
                but according to older posts, pro-ash is also quite nice.
                Havent played with a glover myself though i have a 1piece plain ebony/ash pro-ash from craftsman i had made last year, lovely piece of wood hits beautifully, stiff with the right amount of spring and really powerfull, the finish is top notch too. Youll not go wrong with one of these, fantastic value for money and Simon and Dave in leeds are top blokes to deal with as ive found.

Comment

Working...
                X