Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In the market for a new stick

Hey!

I'm in the market for a new stick, I'm playing a bit of snooker and english 8 ball. I was half thinking of getting a John Parris, whats the differences between all the different models? apart from the visual specs?

Also, I can leave an open mind if someone would recommend me a nice cue

thanks

D

Not much difference between the top cue makers cues in terms of qualitly , craftsmanship , attention to detail etc etc . In terms of how they plkay , they will all play different and feel different from one person to the next . Most good cuemakers will make you a very nice cue byt cant guarantee that you will like the way it feels and plays as every person will have different views on how a cue feels to them .

Basically there is no definitive answer its a personal subjective thing .

Comment

The cue Ive been using since I was 10 has served me well, 15yrs old, not even sure why I'm getting rid of it to be honest. Anyway who are the top cue makers out there apart from John Parris?

Comment

Well why dont you keep it muck . To name a few top cuemakers in uk .

Robin Cook
        Trevor White
        Dave Coutts
        Mike Wooldridge
        Tony Glover
        Tony Ions
        Tony Wilshaw
        Stamford
        Northwest
        Robert Osborne
        Craftsman
        Mastercraft .

May have missed a few out , there are also some new kids on the block making mean looking cues on here and others overseas who make very nice cues .

Comment

Trevor White, Tony Glover, Robert Osbourne, Master Cue, Mike Wooldridge, Tony Irons, Craftsman Cues, Dave Coutts + Many More!
          Last edited by gazza147; 27 February 2012, 05:53 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by dylanmc111 View Post
            The cue Ive been using since I was 10 has served me well, 15yrs old, not even sure why I'm getting rid of it to be honest. Anyway who are the top cue makers out there apart from John Parris?
            I think the trouble with using a cue that length of time is you are always going to be comparing it to a new one and chances are you'll probably end up not getting used to a new cue and go back to your old one. Trust me, I know as my current playing cue is 15 + years and I've tried plenty of cues, many from some of the top cue makers and have always gone back to my tried and trusted. Despite being slightly warped, a few dents and knocks it still feels right to me, which is the only important aspect when considering a cue.

Comment

Originally Posted by hotpot View Post
              Well why dont you keep it muck . To name a few top cuemakers in uk .

Robin Cook
              Trevor White
              Dave Coutts
              Mike Wooldridge
              Tony Glover
              Tony Ions
              Tony Wilshaw
              Stamford
              Northwest
              Robert Osborne
              Craftsman
              Mastercraft .

May have missed a few out , there are also some new kids on the block making mean looking cues on here and others overseas who make very nice cues .
              Sniff, Sniff, Sniff, one day I may make the list......
              http://thecueguru.weebly.com/

Comment

Originally Posted by gazza147 View Post
                Trevor White, Tony Glover, Robert Osbourne, Master Cue, Mike Wooldridge, Tony Irons, Craftsman Cues, Dave Coutts + Many More!
                Cough, Cough, uh, um, anyone else, possibly?

Comment

Yeh they are missing one or two Jason, like Dan Shelton and Keith Auld!

Comment

Originally Posted by JasonOwen View Post
                    Sniff, Sniff, Sniff, one day I may make the list......
                    I did think of you muck , you are one of the ones making mean looking cues .

Comment

Originally Posted by hotpot View Post
                      I did think of you muck , you are one of the ones making mean looking cues .
                      Ah cheers my man, feel better now

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
                        Yeh they are missing one or two Jason, like Dan Shelton and Keith Auld!
                        lol cueman.

there you go jason, you're on the list with keith auld. you've made the big time.
                        The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by MikeWooldridge View Post
                          lol cueman.

there you go jason, you're on the list with keith auld. you've made the big time.
                          lol............nasty

Comment

No comment.

Mike, you sorted these tips and joint out yet?

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
                              I think the trouble with using a cue that length of time is you are always going to be comparing it to a new one and chances are you'll probably end up not getting used to a new cue and go back to your old one. Trust me, I know as my current playing cue is 15 + years and I've tried plenty of cues, many from some of the top cue makers and have always gone back to my tried and trusted. Despite being slightly warped, a few dents and knocks it still feels right to me, which is the only important aspect when considering a cue.

I think u could be right here mate. The cue I'm using at the moment is fine, its a little tatty but thats expected after 15 years. I feel if I buy a new one I might never get used to it, its almost an impulse buy u know, but part of me wants to get a new cue!

Comment

Working...
                              X