correct balance point for a 55inch cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• correct balance point for a 55inch cue

As the title say's does anyone know what most cue makers would put the balance point at if they were to make a custom 55inch cue?

maybe I'm just a doofus here but I thought balance points were somewhat a matter of taste, sort of like weight and butt size

Comment

Please read the question correctly? I am quite clearly asking for what a cue maker would put the balance point at. I'm not at all interested in someone personal preference. Most cue makers will have an opinion on this and I would either like them to reply or someone who has first hand knowledge or a cue MAKERS preference.

Comment

Yeah well in before a cuemaker shows up and tells you there isn't a "correct" answer, just a standard range of values as for weight and butt diameter.

Also, in English "custom" generally means "made to a customers specs". Hope that helps.

Comment

Your right mate you are a doofus. For your info there are many cue makers on this forum including John Parris and most cue makers will have a preference in where they would put the balance point and at the risk of REPEATING MYSELF that is the info I'm after. So tuck your neck in and go write your rubbish somewhere else. There ain't nothing you can tell me about cue's.
          I have to Un-subscribe to this thread now so I don't have to read any more of your dumb responses.

Comment

I know there are cue makers on this forum you silly plonker. I just said I was expecting one to show up.

Anyway, when Mike or Trevor or one of those fine gentlemen arrives and says "cazmac is right! the correct balance pont for a 55 inch cue is 18.5 inches from the butt" or something like that, you can have my unreserved apology. If they agree with me I bet I won't get an apology out of you though.

eta also, no need to unsubscribe. I'm not going to ignore it when you fly of the handle for no reason and call me a tit but I'm not going to post in your thread when you don't want me to either.
            Last edited by merlin1234; 27 February 2012, 10:55 PM.

Comment

calm down boys.

Mike will you answer this before world war 3 breaks out. So many arguements recently.

Comment

Caz mun...lol....

Comment

What length of cue do you use atm Caz? I thought you had settled on something @ the 57" mark. I've played some good stuff ( years ago ), so prob. doesn't count for anything here lol, with a 56" cue. But now play with one @ 57.5" and seem to get one with it quite well.

Are you thinking of switching to a shorter cue m8? Wasn't sure if you have a lot of overhang on your bridge though ( like when you went to see Del Hill that time ). Good luck with whichever way you decide to go.

Comment

jesus. can't we all just show a little love?

cazmac1, given the choice, i'd go around 16", no less.

i like to get them around 17" for 58" cue.

those are my choices, and yes people may like it further back, or further forward.

but of course, they're just wrong 'uns... :snooker:
                    The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Well I'm going to take that as Caz being right, so as promised I apologise for being a doofus.

Comment

i was thinking same on the lines of just personal preference. if it feels good who cares.

Comment

Originally Posted by merlin1234 View Post
                          Well I'm going to take that as Caz being right, so as promised I apologise for being a doofus.
                          Hey man, all good. There's no specific right or wrong on a public forum, it's all subjective upon the ppl who take the time to read ( and care? ) about what ppl post. It's not black and white m8. ( no racist ).

Inc.

Comment

Originally Posted by merlin1234 View Post
                            Nah, there's no right or wrong when it comes to cues.

In this instance, 'correct' was not the correct word to use.

Correct me if I'm incorrect about the correct interpretation of the word 'correct' in this case.

Is that correct?

Anyway, time to kiss and make up.

Now that IS the 'correct' thing to do.
                            The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by MikeWooldridge View Post
                              Nah, there's no right or wrong when it comes to cues.

In this instance, 'correct' was not the correct word to use.

Correct me if I'm incorrect about the correct interpretation of the word 'correct' in this case.

Is that correct?

Anyway, time to kiss and make up.

Now that IS the 'correct' thing to do.
                              stern handshake is better eh mike?

Comment

Working...
                              X