No announcement yet.

correct balance point for a 55inch cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I personally do nto think you can have a set "correct" answer for something like that but I would say around 15.5"-16.5" is what I would aim at.
    www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

just out of interest, is it easy to get the balance point of a cue or is it mainly down to the density of the shaft determining where the balance point should be for that particular cue shaft?

Comment

my apologises to merlin1234. I took your post as a put down and maybe over reacted( not like me lol).
        Any way here is what John Parris said.

Hi Peter Thanks for the email. Balance points are not quite as movable as people tend to think, a lot depends on the required weight of the cue and the design of the butt. If you order a cue I would suggest leaving the balancing up to me and I will select a shaft to give a good balance for the required dimensions.

Regards, john Parris
        Parris Cues

Comment

You getting a 55" cue caz?

Comment

Originally Posted by cally View Post
            You getting a 55" cue caz?
            No, I have two old cues at 55 inch and one that I really like put the balance is to far forward, the cue is very light has a cheap feel to it. So I am so I thinking of having it made in to a 3/4 this will add weight and will enable me to select a new balance point so I wanted to get some feed make for cue makers. I know a balance point is a personal thing but I also know that a cue maker will aim for a certain balance point taking into account the length of a cue give or take half an inch.

Comment

Ha, i see..

All the best with it fella...

Comment

Originally Posted by cazmac1 View Post
                my apologises to merlin1234. I took your post as a put down and maybe over reacted( not like me lol).
                No problem, hope you find the cue you're looking for. Would love to own one of the beautiful cues I've seen posted on this board myself but I'm just not a good enough player to have one.

Comment

Originally Posted by merlin1234 View Post
                  No problem, hope you find the cue you're looking for. Would love to own one of the beautiful cues I've seen posted on this board myself but I'm just not a good enough player to have one.
                  dont put yourself down, you know more about cues than you give yourself credit for, this forum is a great educator.

wish this forum been around when i started buying cues.

Comment

Originally Posted by mattyshinobi22 View Post

wish this forum been around when i started buying cues.
                    Agreed. This forum ( and the ppl on it ) rock.

Comment

Working...
                    X