Question for Cue makers on the forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for Cue makers on the forum

Question for Cue makers on the forum, If you where to make a cue at a length of 55 inch and the customer had no preference of where they would want the balance point. Where would you put the balance point base on your experiences with making cue's.

I was hoping to get some feed back from trevor on this one. I've emailed John parris and will phone Robert and get there advice direct.

Comment

At the chance of getting shot down... Here goes...

It's a hard one caz and almost impossible to answer bud.

Each cue will have different traits .. ie, some will have a heavier dense shaft, some will have lighter shafts and everything in between..

So can't be answered as simple as you want it bud....

ALl the best anyway caz, and try not to be to hard on me for the reply bud...

Comment

Each cue will tend to have its own natural balance and it will mainly depend on the weight of the wood(density) and taper etc. However, the balance could be changed slightly by moving weight up and down the cue. Its easier to do this on a jointed cue as opposed to a 1 piece.
        "Don't think, feel"

Comment

Originally Posted by cazmac1 View Post
          I was hoping to get some feed back from trevor on this one. I've emailed John parris and will phone Robert and get there advice direct.
          charming. i answered on your first thread.

i won't bother next time.
          The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by MikeWooldridge View Post
            charming. i answered on your first thread.

i won't bother next time.
            might open a new thread why people ask cue makers silly questions, wonder how long is a piece of string?

cue makers need Patience of a saint, its a wonder mike isnt saying , Just bloody play with it ! lol

Comment

Working...
            X