Master Cue finish?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Master Cue finish?

does anyone know what finish master cue use?

As last nite was playing few frames when the butt became quite sticky, its not varnished but feels like some sort of lacquer. dunno if to remove it or not so thought best to find out what it is.
    on the other hand the shaft feels oiled.

think there was a thread on this sometime ago but cant seem to find it.

pretty sure they use oil and then finish with wax, my guess is its just the wax i guess youve tried the damp cloth then buff with a clean dry one?

Comment

yes was advised to do that by another member, stills feels the same.

Comment

maybe some ultra fine wire wool (0000 stuff) then, that should smooth it and remove the sticky feeling without eating into the finish too much.

Comment

Try a spot of white spirit on a soft duster and that should clean the shaft,just a spot mind not wet.

Comment

just sand it, oooo stuff, get to bits rub them together to get even finer, all your are doing really is polishing rather than sanding, done it on a lot of mastercues, as found they stick on tee shirt when cueing, works fine, butt feels better to,not that my butts sore

Comment

Originally Posted by stewart31 View Post
              just sand it, oooo stuff, get to bits rub them together to get even finer, all your are doing really is polishing rather than sanding, done it on a lot of mastercues, as found they stick on tee shirt when cueing, works fine, butt feels better to,not that my butts sore
              cheers for that mate, just done it, looked great when i took it down. like white powder came off it. anyway ive just gave it a coat of wooldridge oil and its looking 100% better. dunno why master cue finish their cues this way, if a cue is that good underneath why put that crap on top. but sorted now. thanks for replys

Comment

good idea to re oil it, i use danish oil, low sheen, need to give good buffing, or get another oooo, bit rub it down with other bit, and give gentle rub, and it should be great

Comment

Working...
                X