Clear All

Originally Posted by jarstin View Post
    Waiting to see pictures of your cue. :snooker:
    Here you go: http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board...702#post632702

Comment

any chance you can post pics?
      Unclevit C Brand - CueGuru Tip.

Comment

Just had a gawk at the mastercraft website, it seems that stubby splices seems to be what they do on all their cues. Reminds me of a Cuemaker who used to live in Coalisland in Northern ireland called Tommy Edwards, his cues all had long crossovers and stubby splices on them. Was going to get him to make me one years back but he died a few months before i was going to go down.

Originally Posted by hoddle28
        I called and was told i needed to specify i wanted BLACK ebony, my God the cue is called BLACK prince and on their website it is clearly black and at very least i expected the butt would be one and the same as the butt wood connected to the shaft.

Indeed the hint is in the name, "Black Prince". Dunno why you would need to specify the ebony to be black with that name.
        Last edited by narl; 30 March 2012, 09:18 PM.

Comment

I have pics but cant post attachements for some reason. Anyone know how to get this permission

Comment

Originally Posted by hoddle28 View Post
            I have pics but cant post attachements for some reason. Anyone know how to get this permission
            Think you need 10 posts.

Comment

ok thanks will post a few more so

Comment

well its difficult to see in those pics....im sure they will sort something out. Having to ask for Black ebony is a bit silly i agree.

Comment

I can't understand why people have to resort to posting negatrive comments on a forum about their single cue, when a company have been running for 10+ years and have a combined 40 odd years experience making cues. We exhibit at pool events around the country and sell cues from all manufacturers and Mastercraft cues are as good as any other cuemaker in the price bracket + if you want a high end cue, then they'll spend extra time selecting your required shaft and butt timbers and make a cue as good as the high end UK makers.

A simple call to Mastercraft is all that would be required to answer your concerns...you state "I have requested a refund as i have no confidence with this now. Ill let you know how i get on. "...sounding like you're some kind of detective/sleuth. I'm sure you'll have no problem getting your refund.

Regarding colour of ebony, we've just bought three £600+ cues from Robert Osborne and, guess what? ...they've got a few streaks in them...does it mean the ebony is inferior quality? No; does it mean the cue plays differently? No; does it mean the materials cost the cuemaker any less? No; does it mean black ebony is more difficult to source because naturally it isn't found in such high volume, and is that the reason why ebony prices have increased substantially in the last 5 or so years? Yes.

We've just this weekend received our first branded range of cues and, with the choice of all of the UK cuemakers/suppliers available, we chose Mastercraft cues - they produce a fantastic cue. Unfortuntately the single cue produced for the forum member in this case, wasn't to his liking...that can happen in any online trade.

...some UK makers are staining their ebony...

MaXimumbreak Snooker & 8ballstore.com...wishing people would concentrate on improving their game rather than worrying about the colour of their cue.
                  MaXimumbreak - Where Everyone's a Winner
                  It's now free to join!!!
                  MaXimumbreak Snooker Store

Comment

great post!

Comment

I have been contacted prompltly as always by Mastercraft and full resolution has been received.

Comment

Originally Posted by maximumbreak View Post
                        I can't understand why people have to resort to posting negatrive comments on a forum about their single cue, when a company have been running for 10+ years and have a combined 40 odd years experience making cues. We exhibit at pool events around the country and sell cues from all manufacturers and Mastercraft cues are as good as any other cuemaker in the price bracket + if you want a high end cue, then they'll spend extra time selecting your required shaft and butt timbers and make a cue as good as the high end UK makers.

A simple call to Mastercraft is all that would be required to answer your concerns...you state "I have requested a refund as i have no confidence with this now. Ill let you know how i get on. "...sounding like you're some kind of detective/sleuth. I'm sure you'll have no problem getting your refund.

Regarding colour of ebony, we've just bought three £600+ cues from Robert Osborne and, guess what? ...they've got a few streaks in them...does it mean the ebony is inferior quality? No; does it mean the cue plays differently? No; does it mean the materials cost the cuemaker any less? No; does it mean black ebony is more difficult to source because naturally it isn't found in such high volume, and is that the reason why ebony prices have increased substantially in the last 5 or so years? Yes.

We've just this weekend received our first branded range of cues and, with the choice of all of the UK cuemakers/suppliers available, we chose Mastercraft cues - they produce a fantastic cue. Unfortuntately the single cue produced for the forum member in this case, wasn't to his liking...that can happen in any online trade.

...some UK makers are staining their ebony...

MaXimumbreak Snooker & 8ballstore.com...wishing people would concentrate on improving their game rather than worrying about the colour of their cue.
                        I believe his complaint was also that the ebony didn't match above and below the joint? I'm just speaking for myself, but I think suppliers are better off giving the impression that this is an anomaly and not something that other customers can expect to experience if they buy the product.
                        Tear up that manure-fed astroturf!

Comment

Working...
                        X