Ronnie O Sullivan B.C.E, 3/4. Darts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ronnie O Sullivan B.C.E, 3/4. Darts

A friend gave me a Ronnie O Sullivan 3/4.B.C.E cue I know it is only a cheap cue but it has the most amazing darts are these for real ? or have they been applied by some printing process ? Its very hard to tell as there is a very thick varnish this is glass like and very smooth in fact how much of the cue is for real ? it has a ZIP LOCK Fitting I have to admit it plays well for a budget cue.

Darts? :snooker:
    "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

Originally Posted by willtyson View Post
      Darts? :snooker:
      Alright !!! Chevrons,Wood Grain, Pointy Bits, The inner growth rings of a piece of timber or live wood that convey nutriment to a tree these can indicate the age and past weather conditions and changes in climate over many years (You are not the only clever clogs.)

Comment

Originally Posted by denja View Post
        Alright !!! Chevrons,Wood Grain, Pointy Bits, The inner growth rings of a piece of timber or live wood that convey nutriment to a tree these can indicate the age and past weather conditions and changes in climate over many years (You are not the only clever clogs.)
        Sorry I didn't mean to be rude I just really didn't know what you meant.
        "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

Me neither!!LOL
          I thought perhaps he meant the splices.
          Seriously though I have seen these on cheap cues too and have also wondered if they are real or added with paint.
          ATB
          Danny
          Did you put my "1" up ?

Comment

I sanded the varnish off my first cue, a £20 Cannon Scorpion, and it was real wood with real chevrons underneath so I guess yours is the same ...

BTW it's much less sticky with the varnish removed, I still use it to play UK 8ball pool although I bought a £100 cue for snooker ...

I'm not an expert (so I might be wrong) but I think the reason some wood is considered better (and hence, more expensive) has a lot to do with how straight the lines of grain are on the opposite side to the chevrons - on my £20 cue, they are not straight at all but on the £100 cue they are pretty straight ... there are also other issues such as the drying of the wood, stiffness/whippiness of course ...

On cheap cues, I'd have thought the bigger issue was the butt of the cue ... it could well be "ebonised" - ie a cheaper wood on the butt painted black to look like ebony ... or the splices may be painted on ... or in the case of my Cannon, the whole upper half of the 2pc cue is painted - but it looks quite cool with a Scorpion logo

Hope this helps ...

Comment

No Probs just having a bit of fun no hard feelings !

Comment

As I said the Chevrons are amazing and I thought to good to be true on such a cheap cue it also has a very barrel like taper sort of cigar shape.

Comment

Working...
                X