cue damage help required

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cue damage help required

now then, i have damaged the shaft on me cue. its a little piece about 3mmx4mm 7 inch away from the ferule. its about a mm deep as well. given the nearest place is craftsman 100 mile away, was wondering if any of the experts might be able to help.
    i understand it needs filling, however, wood filler will surely be affected by different room temperature. i think i read previous about using a resin, but cant remember if so what type or make.
    any help much appreciated.

I would recommend contacting a reputable cuemaker sending them pics and let them carry out the work , it wont cost much and you will get a professional finish .

Comment

you can try steaming out which will require a bit of sand sealer and such after or try the glass bulb technique exscuse spelling drunk

Comment

Originally Posted by hatterboard View Post
        now then, i have damaged the shaft on me cue. its a little piece about 3mmx4mm 7 inch away from the ferule. its about a mm deep as well. given the nearest place is craftsman 100 mile away, was wondering if any of the experts might be able to help.
        i understand it needs filling, however, wood filler will surely be affected by different room temperature. i think i read previous about using a resin, but cant remember if so what type or make.
        any help much appreciated.
        I'm not exactly sure if my method will work on the amount damage you describe, but hey it's worth a try.
        I use a "solid tube" shaped piece of glass, place it sideways against the damaged area with the cue supported it's entire length & rub with some heavy pressure back & forth, until the dent/damage just disapears.
        This is a method I have been using for may years so I know how to do it & I also know that it works. This does sound unreal I know , but I kid you not , it works. cheers & I hope this is helpful to you. Kevin.
        don't miss!

Comment

it isnt a dent, the shaft has had a piece of maple chipped out. i reckon its the same place as i had a dent taken out by craftsman in october. will take a photo an try post it tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
          X