No announcement yet.

jawes cues snooker blog haha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice job that Jim, is that Amboyna, is that the same you are doing for hotpots cue as well? How much for a cue of yours anyway Jim, PM me if you don't want to mention it on this thread.

Comment

no ime not a proud lad already stated dont think many of my cues will go above the 200 mark,depends on what your after the multi splice things i try take a lot of messing about with thats were some of my errors come from, i think i can do plain ebony with 1 splice fairly well now, prob get ebony with 4 lower splices not bad after that its all a bit trial and error,got 1 on go now about 10 splices not sure how its going to turn out yet,you can pm me with what your after or say on here ime a very up front type of guy lol

Comment

Nice work me owd! Coming on well!
        One day I'll make a century, I've knocked in a 51!

Comment

Top work will be keeping a eye on this thread

Comment

wood ready for splicingthe woods are cocoalves,purpleheart,yew,rosewood,zebrano,padouk, amazaque,olivewood,bubinga,cocoalves against stage all glued up ,will show stages as i go

Comment

Is that going to be a long splice Jim? Going to be a lot of waste? :snooker: Good luck mate
              "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

Jim, you doing a full butt in this way? Would look pretty impressive if you could get the individual woods to line up around the splices.
                http://thecueguru.weebly.com/

Comment

thats what ime looking at jason the way ive staggered or stepped the wood should enable me to get 4 splices exactly the same,will find out when i start cutting just cut corners off sanded down, gluing a maple veneer to make sure it stays together will do that on each 1 then fit to a butt thats got ebony on ,thats the idea anyway will see what happens

Comment

Sounds fun Jimbo.
                    Put up pics of the splices before you glue them onto the shaft.

Comment

will do jason not sure wether to cut all into splices or try and do mini butts will hav to see how it pans out

Comment

first splice cut should get prob enuf for 3 cues

Comment

Nice work!
                          One day I'll make a century, I've knocked in a 51!

Comment

Jim, Would you have been better to have each segment at an angle, that way the grain would have been easier to handle. You might have some problems with ripping out grain when you plain that as your going directly across the grain.
                            Looks great, if you pull it off then ti will make a striking cue.

Comment

think ile struggle a bit whatever ide have done will see when its all tied in,will put pictures of all splices cut up next time wil be awhile though

Comment

Looks great Jim, good luck with it on the cue :snooker:
                                "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

Working...
                                X