Ding Junhui's cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ding Junhui's cue

Just wondering if anyone knew the specs of Ding's cue?
    Must of been a kick

from various previous TSF postings I think Ding's cue is the following:
    made by Stamford, 1pc, 142cm (55.9"), 9-9.2mm, 17-17.2oz, ash shaft, ebony butt.
    not sure of any splices
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

pretty short cue .... as john higgins one

Comment

also with a quite thin butt, less than 28mm, i will measure it when i meet him next time

Comment

And his cue is very stiff.

Comment

Cheers guys for the info, anyone know what tip he uses?
            Must of been a kick

Comment

141 cm 55.5inch, 17.2oz, 9.25mm timp, 28.5mm butt
              Ding ues very hard blue diamond tip
              Rocket use ELK master tip

Comment

-OFF TOPIC-
                .....but I was curious to know Ronnie's cue specs if anyone can assist ... also I think Ronnie has changed to "titan" tips...not that anyone can keep track to the tips he's tried but I heard he won the Worlds this year with a "titan" .... is this for marketing purposes I can't be sure
                :snooker: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERnqd...4&feature=plcp

Comment

Originally Posted by snookergr View Post
                  -OFF TOPIC-
                  .....but I was curious to know Ronnie's cue specs if anyone can assist ... also I think Ronnie has changed to "titan" tips...not that anyone can keep track to the tips he's tried but I heard he won the Worlds this year with a "titan" .... is this for marketing purposes I can't be sure
                  I'm not sure about the tip but I think his specs are: 58 1/4", 9.5mm, 18.3 oz :snooker:
                  Last edited by willtyson; 24 June 2012, 08:35 AM.
                  "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

cheers willtyson :-)
                    I was mainly interested in the weight
                    :snooker: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERnqd...4&feature=plcp

Comment

Originally Posted by Danny. C View Post
                      141 cm 55.5inch, 17.2oz, 9.25mm timp, 28.5mm butt
                      Ding ues very hard blue diamond tip
                      Rocket use ELK master tip
                      Correct cue specs
                      56" 17.5oz,9.2 mm Titan tip. Stamford cue plain black ebony butt.

Comment

I think Fedia is correct here. Doesn't Mark Selby use a Stamford too? I've never seen or tried out a Stamford cue...are they any good?

Terry
                        Terry Davidson
                        IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
                          I think Fedia is correct here. Doesn't Mark Selby use a Stamford too? I've never seen or tried out a Stamford cue...are they any good?

Terry
                          Yes Mark does :snooker: From what I here they are very good!
                          "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post

Terry
                            Originally Posted by willtyson View Post
                            Yes Mark does :snooker: From what I here they are very good!
                            Yep Ding and Mark Shelby do have Stamford cues, I also believe Liang Wenbo uses one as well (anyone confirm or correct?)
                            Terry, they are nice cues and the staff at Stamford are very helpful; prices - I would say reasonable for the quality.
                            They also make some nice cases and can be custom to fit the cue
                            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                              Yep Ding and Mark Shelby do have Stamford cues, I also believe Liang Wenbo uses one as well (anyone confirm or correct?)
                              Terry, they are nice cues and the staff at Stamford are very helpful; prices - I would say reasonable for the quality.
                              They also make some nice cases and can be custom to fit the cue
                              Liang is using a cue of theirs. I think that he and Ding have matching cases, which are very nice! The customer service is great. I think that a lot of the pros have cases from them as well. http://www.stamfordcuemakers.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X