LP Cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LP Cues

Last night someone showed me an LP handmade cue. It was stunning, perfect splicing and the most amazing ash shaft. The cue was 3/4 joined with a stainless steel joint that I have never seen before. The owner told me that the price for these handmade cues was well over £1000!! I would put the quqlity and finish up there with the very best I have ever seen.

I just wondered if anyone else on the forum had any more information on LP cues? I tried to do an Internet search but haven't found much.

Oldgit
    'Believe To Achieve'

you posted just before i did, i too want to know peoples opinions on LP cues, both cheap ones and top of the line ones

as from what i can see they look top be very good quality!

Comment

Not sure if Terry has one

Comment

Originally Posted by Oldgit View Post
        Last night someone showed me an LP handmade cue. It was stunning, perfect splicing and the most amazing ash shaft. The cue was 3/4 joined with a stainless steel joint that I have never seen before. The owner told me that the price for these handmade cues was well over £1000!! I would put the quqlity and finish up there with the very best I have ever seen.

I just wondered if anyone else on the forum had any more information on LP cues? I tried to do an Internet search but haven't found much.

Oldgit
        Are you talking about the LP cues that is made in China?
        www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Terry has never seen one of the good LP cues, just one of the cheaper ones. I had a top line LK.T cue which I have sold on.

I'm pretty sure they are made in China

Terry
          Terry Davidson
          IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

I'm sure that i read that a few Pro's are using these . Would like to see one in the flesh . Must be very good for £1K .
            Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Knew it was L something muck .

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                I'm sure that i read that a few Pro's are using these . Would like to see one in the flesh . Must be very good for £1K .
                Yes, I believe that even Ronnie has one of their top end cues, and yes, they are Chinese. The cue that I saw last night was as good as any cue that I have ever seen.
                'Believe To Achieve'

Comment

Dominic Dale had one ? A lot of the chinnesse players use them....

Comment

Originally Posted by Oldgit View Post
                    Yes, I believe that even Ronnie has one of their top end cues, and yes, they are Chinese. The cue that I saw last night was as good as any cue that I have ever seen.
                    I think you know what you are talking about ....... Sounds very impressive coming from you . No pics though !!!

Comment

Originally Posted by platt View Post
                      Dominic Dale had one ? A lot of the chinnesse players use them....
                      easier to say what cue dominc dale hasnt had i would have thought.

Comment

To be honest it was only a matter of time before a Chinese cue maker came on the scene and make it big and maybe here is the first of perhaps many.
                        I think with so many of the British cues going over to China over past 5-10 years that it has probably helped aspiring cue makers over there to see what is needed in terms of producing top quality cues. Of course there will always be a market for British cues but on the other hand the Chinese and those out in Asia are such good workers with their hands that it wouldn't surprise me if they were to one day become the world leaders in cues as well.

We already have Star tables used in WSA tournaments and most the academies and clubs are moving over to them as well. Who'd have thought that 10 years ago!

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
                          To be honest it was only a matter of time before a Chinese cue maker came on the scene and make it big and maybe here is the first of perhaps many.
                          I think with so many of the British cues going over to China over past 5-10 years that it has probably helped aspiring cue makers over there to see what is needed in terms of producing top quality cues. Of course there will always be a market for British cues but on the other hand the Chinese and those out in Asia are such good workers with their hands that it wouldn't surprise me if they were to one day become the world leaders in cues as well.

We already have Star tables used in WSA tournaments and most the academies and clubs are moving over to them as well. Who'd have thought that 10 years ago!

Clubs have to install these as this is what the Pro's need to play on to replicate playing conditions . If Riley's had the contract , Star tables would not be getting installed . But as you say , it's a matter of time before top quality cues come over from China . The price seems a little excessive though .

Comment

For my top of the line LK.T cue (called Family I) I paid (incl shipping to Canada) $972(US) about 600GBP or so. I did the Family I shaft and a Family II butt to save a bit of money as the full Family I with a fairly fancy butt was up around $1,280(US).

The cue was very well made and in my humble opinion as good as any of the British cuemakers (although I'm certain MW may add a comment or two). I just couldn't get on with it so I sold it on. The only problem I had was I ordered it at 18.3oz and it arrived at around 17.6oz but Mr Tsang of LK.T paid for the shipping both ways to have it corrected for me.

Terry
                            Terry Davidson
                            IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Blimey Terry .....for that price they should have got the weight right 1st time . But fairplay to them for covering the shipping costs .

Comment

Working...
                              X