Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The difference between pool tips and snooker, is there any ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The difference between pool tips and snooker, is there any ?

Good morning everyone, I don't know if this has been asked before, but as Im new to the site I hope you don't mind me asking again. Is there a difference between which tip you use for your snooker and pool cues ? As the balls are a lot smaller and lighter in pool should your tip reflect this ? I'm not talking about the size here but the type and make of tip please. I would really like to get your thoughts and opinions on this please and any advice would be greatly received. I've always used the same tip for both, just not sure I'm missing a trick somewhere.
    Regards
    Mark

I think a softer grippier tip for pool is preferred by many as the balls are lighter and more soft touch shots are played . Snooker balls are heavier more cue power is required with the distance the white has to travel on certain power shots especially long screw back shots , because of this a lot of players will go for a hardish tip , thats not saying that you cant play these shots with a softer tip like an elk or bd as you can . I think some of the harder tips used for snooker wont be quite as suitable for pool .

Comment

I think hotspot is right, although I've using a mw super tip (pressed). I'm going to try a pool baron and a bd+ as I'm sure ADR raves about them.

Comment

Originally Posted by mrbluejay View Post
        I think hotspot is right, although I've using a mw super tip (pressed). I'm going to try a pool baron and a bd+ as I'm sure ADR raves about them.
        Lol , whats with the Hotspot , you guys been talking to Cally .

Comment

Originally Posted by hotpot View Post
          That's my big fat fingers on the iPad lol

Comment

The difference between pool tips and snooker, is there any ?

As with all tip choices, it's personal choice
            I use the same for pool and snooker
            I don't like soft tips for either

Comment

I pretty much only play pool now and use a 15 ounce cue ... feels just right

Comment

Originally Posted by JimB View Post
                I pretty much only play pool now and use a 15 ounce cue ... feels just right
                What a 15oz tip lol

The thread is asking about tips...

Comment

What a 15oz tip lol

The thread is asking about tips...
                  lol ... i know, i realised that after my post harhar ... hey ho

Comment

Originally Posted by hotpot View Post
                    Haha.....

it's a keeper now bud....

Comment

Originally Posted by Mark62 View Post
                      Good morning everyone, I don't know if this has been asked before, but as Im new to the site I hope you don't mind me asking again. Is there a difference between which tip you use for your snooker and pool cues ? As the balls are a lot smaller and lighter in pool should your tip reflect this ? I'm not talking about the size here but the type and make of tip please. I would really like to get your thoughts and opinions on this please and any advice would be greatly received. I've always used the same tip for both, just not sure I'm missing a trick somewhere.
                      Regards
                      Mark
                      HI the difference in tips for snooker and pool is the size of the tip in Pool the tips range in size of 11 ml to 13ml because the balls are bigger and also the cue ball is bigger than in snooker for snooker they range in tip size of 7 ml to 10 ml which is a smaller tip.

The best tips for pool you have some good ones they are Morri Tips Snipper Tips Everest Tips depends which ones you prefere. As for Snooker the best tips are Talisman Woodridge also Kamui Tips Elk Master Blue Diamond Tips. Most of the Tips for pool are Hard Tips where as for Snooker they are much softer.

Comment

I think the OP was referring to English pool where the balls are much lighter than snooker or US pool balls

Comment

Hi yes I am talking about English pool I should have been clearer at the start. Thanks for all your advice, I'm still no nearer though as I don't know a lot about the tips you guys are mentioning. Can anyone help clarify this as well please ?
                          Regards
                          Mark

Comment

Hi yes I am talking about English pool I should have been clearer at the start. Thanks for all your advice, I'm still no nearer though as I don't know a lot about the tips you guys are mentioning. Can anyone help clarify this as well please ?
                            Regards
                            Mark
                            uk 8 ball tip should be 8-9mm and a make that suits you - are you a stroke player or a punch player?
                            https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Regards
                              Mark
                              A few months ago I put a Pool Baron (from ADR) onto my pool cue (8.2mm) and it has been very good for grip, chalking, general cue ball control, I do like it. The only negative is that as it is very soft (as advertised) it has taken sometime to settle into a consistent playing behaviour, also it does seem to be holding it shape now it has settled in but I did need to do a small amount of reshaping in the early days. A word of warning, these tips are very soft so ensure you do not use the usual grade of files/sandpaper like for any other tips as you will not have much leather left
                              I also have some Buffalo Blue Diamond Plus tips which I am going to try next on this pool cue, but also my also try them out on my snooker cue (9.5mm) as well.
                              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Working...
                              X