crack in cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crack in cue

I have a crac in one of my playing cues. Being South africa I was mugged and the cue fell of my hand

At the time of the mugging the cue was in my hand out of the case with the two pieces scewed together. The crack resulting from the fall was on the ebony splice on the shaft above the joint

The crack itself was glued some time back but has since reopened and I want a permanent fix on this since it is one of my main playing cues. What I wish to know with this post is my options. I need some advice and approximate costs to fix this problem as the crack although not long may still run deep. If any cuemaker can tell me if resplicing that ebony splice will sort out the crack issue, and approximate cost to have this done??

Sorry if the pic is not too clear as it was done under bad light

sanman:

Not much of a cue expert however I've had a couple of cues with cracks in them and I've found a glue that really works well as it's thinner than water and flows right into the cracks and expands the wood slightly plus the excess can be wiped off with a damp cloth if you do it right away while the glue is still wet.

The glue is called 'Hot Stuff' and is available on-line from Lee Valley Tools who take credit cards and will ship internationally. Depending on the shipping method chosen you could have it in 3-5 days, even down there at the bottom of the world

Terry
    Terry Davidson
    IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Thanks Terry. And also thanks to Mike Woolridge for his advice.

Comment

Working...
      X