Which tip should I choose?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which tip should I choose?

I recently ordered an Andy Travis custom cue that will be winging its way to me in the next two weeks, I was wondering what tips other members of TSF would recommend.

I usually have Elkmasters fitted, and I'm sure you all know they are very inconsistent in quality...when you get a good one you're golden...but you have to go through loads of bad ones to get a good one (a lot like women in my opinion )

Any opinions, preferences or recommendations??
    Pinpoint, Pause, Pullback, Pause, Pot.

This Question gets asked a very Often.

It really depends on Personal Preference but here is my Opinion on a few......

Blue Diamond Plus - Very Good Consistant Tips Similar to the Old Blue Diamonds used to be many moons ago not saying they are Exactly the same as I dont think they are!

Mike Wooldridge Super Tips - Very good tips and dont have to knock them in like many other tips.

Talisman Soft/Medium - Quite Good Tips if you like alittle Harder Tip.

Kamui - Quite a Hard tip the soft seems very good but doesnt last very long at all so I wouldnt recommend Soft as they are Approx £8-£10 Each - so go for the S/M or Medium/Hard.

Elk Master - As you know takes 2/3 sometimes to get half decent tip only advantage is there still very cheap to Buy!

Blue Diamond - Same story really need 2/3 sometimes to get good tip but also still cheap to Buy!

There are many more on the market today Inc: Phoenix, Master Cue, Mike Woodridge Supertips Laminated, GBL Pro Granite + Many More.

As said already its Personal Preference and the Only way to find out is Try a few and see what you think of them.

Gaz.
    Last edited by gazza147; 20 March 2012, 11:45 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the info Gazza147

Much appreciated

Comment

I used to like the Moori pig skin tips mate. Only reason I stopped using them was I ran out and forgot to order more before my tip needed replacing.

They're not cheap, but play really well. I used the slow ones instead of the quick ones because I prefer a softer tip.

I play with Elks at the moment just because I have a boat load.

You should try out the MW super tips. They're always a happy medium and never bad.

Comment

Thanks Jack, I will ask Andy to put one on my cue...and order a few and see how I play with them. Cheers for the input pal. How did you get on last night?

Comment

Andy West? That's who I get to sort my tips out too, he knows his stuff.

I drew 1:1. Disappointing really. Cleared up 57 to win the first frame but then struggled to get myself going in the second frame and lost on the blue.
            My opponent wasn't that good either so I was gutted to let the side down. C'est la vie I guess mate.

Comment

You can't win em all Jack (though you ain't doing too bad at the minute)

Comment

The best way to learn is to try em.

I have come to the conclusion the best tip is the one which pots the balls.

Comment

I have come to the conclusion the best tip is the one which pots the balls.
                  That sounds just crazy enough to be true.

Comment

Hi All,,,,Interesting Tips discussion and here is my question.Which Pro uses what Tip????

Comment

Jorock63....very good question indeed!

Comment

Originally Posted by Manny101 View Post
                        Jorock63....very good question indeed!
                        not reall y- they keep changing them just to make life difficult!
                        https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by jorock63 View Post
                          Hi All,,,,Interesting Tips discussion and here is my question.Which Pro uses what Tip????
                          http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board...essional-s-use

Comment

All down to preference but I prefer elk master

Comment

Originally Posted by jorock63 View Post
                              steve davis is using moori slow at the moment .

Comment

Working...
                              X