Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another crock of manure.........

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/John-Parri...item3f156b25ff

little woolfy thought up some more tales, bet he thinks he has steve davis's olde ash squat somewhere aswell

What a story lol, nice shaft shame he's got it! :snooker:
    "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

He's also trying to flog a superior for £600. Im pretty sure he's posting now on his third account, fedia147 or something along those lines. So expect a gibberish laden reply from him soon i expect.

Comment

Sold already!!!! So he did have Ronnie's Cue . Just not the one that Ronnie gave to the kid in the audience !
        Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

some business man woolfy is ant he lol, buyers take his rap hook, line and sinker. bet he broke down and cryed when he found out osborne cues no longer taking orders. he coulda stook a black plate on there for 10k lol and sold it

Comment

another crock of manure.........

the was made for ronnie a long wiv 3 others which and he only hit a few balls at the shop then picked the best one out the 4 and the cue was bought of eBay for 900ish i think it went for cos my friend rang jp up to see if it was made for ronnie and that's wot he was told him but fedia does make some good story's up lol

Comment

When I used to live in Oxfordshire I very often went into London to the John Parris shop as I have a friend who lives very nearby. I used to talk to John and Chris (his wife) and loved listening to all the snooker 'inside' information from them
              One thing that I know for a fact is that Ronnie always asks John to send him new cues to try out and John makes them and sends them to Ronnie in batches of three. Ronnie tries them out and then returns them until he finds one that he wants. So John quite often has some cues that he has made for Ronnie but that Ronnie doesn't want.........these are the cues that Fedia buys and I know that John just charges regular 'ultimate' prices for these cues, the last one that I bought was as perfect a cue as you could ever wish for and John charged me just under £600 and gave me a handwritten receipt stating that the cue was made for Ronnie. I believe Forum member Khizzy is presently using this very cue as his playing cue.
              John Parris knew (and still knows) that Fedia is buying them to sell on at a profit but Fedia is a great customer of Johns and at the end of the day it's pretty good advertising for Parris cues.
              Oldgit
              'Believe To Achieve'

Comment

Oldgit, do you mind me asking, what kind of shaft does Ronnie ask for? I mean in terms of stiffness, the way he strikes the cueball I imagine his cue to be very stiff mainly from the delayed reaction he seems to get on the ball which for me you can only achieve from very stiff shafts. What was the difference in terms of playing characterisitics between the cue you bought of JP that was rejected by Ronnie and the cue you bought off that chap that Ronnie gave away?

Comment

Funnily enough, the cues that Ronnie rejected that I tried out were all what I would call 'normal' cues, by that I mean that they all had a bit of life in them and I could have played with any of them. In all, I must have tried out about 6 of these 'Ronnie Rejects' and they all felt very similar to me!
                  The actual playing cue that Ronnie gave away at the crucible was as stiff as a rod of iron!! I took it to Stu Green at Greenbaize and we both played plenty of shots with it and believe me it was as stiff as its possible to have a cue

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
                  Oldgit, do you mind me asking, what kind of shaft does Ronnie ask for? I mean in terms of stiffness, the way he strikes the cueball I imagine his cue to be very stiff mainly from the delayed reaction he seems to get on the ball which for me you can only achieve from very stiff shafts. What was the difference in terms of playing characterisitics between the cue you bought of JP that was rejected by Ronnie and the cue you bought off that chap that Ronnie gave away?
                  'Believe To Achieve'

Comment

That is why I wondered whether Ronnie does ask for particular stiffness of shaft, I'd assume that the rejects were all too whippy for him, given that he used that one you bought for a decade nearly and has had about 4 different cues since. I still think that had he not got that cue jointed he'd still be using it now. He's definitely not the same player since that cue, despite the fact he still can play exceptionally well. Its no wonder he keeps asking for new cues all the time, guess he's learned the lesson, never ditch or alter a good cue.

Comment

O'Sullivan is a bit mental anyway, he smashed the cue he won his first world title with just because he felt like it.

Comment

Could you please kindly explain what you meant when you said judging from the delayed action you believe his cue is very stiff. I am really curious what kind of delayed action you mentioned and how to tell if someone's cue is stiff or not by looking for such delayed action. Thanks very much.
                        www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Working...
                        X