Crispian Jones No1 Cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by gazza147 View Post
    Have you asked Jason if he would send you new badge m8?
    Nope then it wouldn't be original .

Actually I think im doing someone a discredit, I've looked at it again, and I think the badge was removed to drill the weight. I think it's just the clear badge with the light coloured dowel below that looks odd... that and the fact you can see the glue through the clear badge too (maybe that's why he changed the badge design)... .

I might removed it and see if I can tidy it up... now it's worth a couple of grand at least
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Old cue collector --
    Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
    (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally Posted by perpetualboredom View Post

Actually I think im doing someone a discredit, I've looked at it again, and I think the badge was removed to drill the weight. I think it's just the clear badge with the light coloured dowel below that looks odd... that and the fact you can see the glue through the clear badge too (maybe that's why he changed the badge design)... .

I might removed it and see if I can tidy it up... now it's worth a couple of grand at least
      If you think it's worth 2 grand then I imagine Fedia could get you at least 20k for it! lol :snooker:
      "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

Originally Posted by perpetualboredom View Post

The original clear badges had a black plastic disk that fitted down first and then the clear disk with the engraving on the undersize went down over the black disk. This means you can read the writing cleanly as the black shows it up. The problem I had was that I was getting glue seeping between the disk and black part and spoiling the lettering and clouding the clear plastic, hence why I move to an ivory disk.
        The clear badges were done by Stuart Graham on here, he has since been made redundant so its impossible to get another without running to a fair bit of expense.
        Id leave it as it is Mike, its original and now has a story, much like most old collectable cues.
        http://thecueguru.weebly.com/

Comment

Working...
        X