Making a cue (video)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making a cue (video)

Found this on youtube, im assuming it was his first try so not bad for a tenners worth of materials

Very good video, not a bad cue really, assuming it's his first that is :snooker:
    Last edited by willtyson; 1 April 2012, 06:20 PM.
    "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

fair play to anyone who attempts to make a cue, but that's a bag of ..***..? come on
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Old cue collector --
      Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
      (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

I think having it center jointed ruins it to be honest. Splice work could have been better but for a first attempt, in my opinion it's not as terrible as it could be.
        "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

Excellent video thanks for putting it up!
          Mayur Jobanputra, Snooker Coach and Snooker Enthusiast
          My Snooker Blog: www.snookerdelight.com

Comment

great video, least people can see the stages a cue goes through. also he states how hard a cue is to be made at the end.

Comment

You did a good job but I would keep it more simple just four ebony splices with maybe a small maple veneer on the butt,bet you could do a good job with that.

Comment

I don't think it is his first attempt/cue.
                Do we know who it is?
                bigandyg - you say "you did a good job" do you know who it is?
                The youtube clip is by "TheFsxmad" - anyone we know?
                Last edited by DeanH; 2 April 2012, 06:17 PM.
                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

didnt think was guys first time, also didnt think took much time making it, he just trying to show the proccess involved. think if he took more time or intended to sell/play with it, it would look much better.

Comment

Yes, agreed. Since he has a lathe he could have at least sanded and polished the cue a bit more after he has planned it. Think he was just trying to show the basic steps of how you can make a cue by hand. He also did not show how he flush the joint with the shaft after he installed it. He surely did not just use a file...or did he? LOL
                    And did he really use a hand saw to cut up all those splices? He must be very good with the saw if that is true, it is amazing.
                    I wonder who this person is, he can't be a first timer. He made it look easy but if someone tries it with no experience at all it is not an easy task at all especially using the tools he had.
                    Yes, Randy, he could have just used four basic splices of ebony or rosewood but he went for all those splices.
                    It is not a bad job really especially if the tools he showed were the only things he used. Agreed with Matty if he had taken more time the cue could look much better.
                    Very interesting video, thanks a lot for posting.
                    Last edited by poolqjunkie; 2 April 2012, 07:58 PM.
                    www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Hi everyone, I know I'm a bit late finding this thread but I thought I'd better say hello, I made the video about making a snooker cue and would just like to say thank you for all of the nice comments. I know it's not the best looking cue in the world but I'm happy with it and honestly, it cost me less than a tenner. If you have any questions I'd be happy to answer them.

Comment

Thanks for sharing your cue making video... It was really fun to watch.

Must've took quite an effort to plane the cue by hand.
                        When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back. GET MAD!!

Comment

Making a cue (video)

Cue made for under a tenner does'nt look too bad at all. Well done mate.

Comment

Well done! Very good video!

Comment

Working...
                            X