No announcement yet.

*Cue and Case wanted for Cancer Charity Fundraiser*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh dear, liliput, you complete and utter tool. Good luck with the event Manny!

Comment

The tournament is on the 6th May at the Atack (Sunday)
      If the my footy side doesn't have a game Sean I'll be down.

Might be worth sticking a thread on here in a week or two. See if any forum members are local enough for it nearer the time.

.oh ...hang on ......they could both be in on it
      Damn it, you've rumbled us. That's the reason he asked for more than one cue! haha.

Comment

Thanks to everyone for sticking up for the fight against cancer, bless every last one of you. Due to the fact that Liliput has got everyone talking about this thread it would be foolish of me not to use it to my advantage. So here goes...*CHARITY SNOOKER TOURNAMENT SPONSORED BY MASTERCRAFT CUES IN AID OF CANCER RESEARCH UK* The tournament will take place on Sunday 6th May at the Atack Snooker Center in Nuneaton. The cost is £10 entry per player with all revenue raised going to Cancer Research UK. There is an open invitation to all members of TSF to come down and participate in the event. Dave Buswell of Mastercraft Cues has kindly donated a Custom Cue and Case set as 1st prize in the tournament, and Mrbluejay (forum member) has kindly donated a signed cue for us to auction off too. If anyone on TSF would like to donate anything snooker related that can be used to raise money for our cause it will be greatly appreciated.

You can either PM me or contact Chris King at www.vklegends.co.uk

Once again I would like to thank all TSF members who have taken the time to comment on this post...yes that includes YOU Liliput
        Pinpoint, Pause, Pullback, Pause, Pot.

Comment

In Lilput's defence, in our part of the world (that's Malaysia for me, Singapore for him), there's a ridiculous amount of scams ongoing especially with respect to charity. So let's not be too harsh on him, I know he didn't mean his post to be offensive. He is just wary of kind people giving stuff away.

Let's not fight

P.S. Good luck with your charity.

Comment

Mikeadyla,

I take offence at people demeaning my character.

Maybe your part of the world is rife with con men and charlatans, however I can assure you that I am neither of those things. Personally whether I was suspicious of someone's post or the reason behind it, I would do my research and due diligence before accusing them of FRAUD and besmirching their character in front of 100's if not 1000's of people on an open forum.

I decided to take the higher moral ground and not get into a slanging match with Liliput. I have nothing to prove, everything I have said can be substantiated by Chris King who just so happens to be one of my best friends and the founder of www.vklegends.co.uk It wouldn't have taken Liliput long to use the might of Google to see that we are completely legal and above board.

He wasted no time at all in besmirching my character, not once but twice on this forum. I have not, and will not stoop to such a low level as to demean his character like he tried to do to me.

However I must admit that it warms the cockles of my heart to see some other forum members coming to my defence...purely for the reason that it shows not everyone is suspicious of someone doing something for others without wanting anything in return (except a few cue and case sets to use as prizes in a charity snooker tournament for Cancer Research UK)

Some people are naturally suspicious, and some are naturally kind hearted, anyone who knows me personally (or has dealt with me on this forum) will know that I believe that "it's nice to be nice".

My concern for all the people that I have personally lost to cancer and all the other victims of this terrible disease far outweighs my concern for Liliput questioning my character.

www.vklegends.co.uk Our aim is to raise £30,000 in one day, we managed just over £11,000 last year. If any forum members would like to donate on our behalf please go to our website and donate through the "Just Giving" link. Alternatively if you are in and around Nuneaton on Sunday 6th May come and take part on the first Mastercraft sponsored VK LEGENDS charity snooker tournament 10am till late. Mick Price (ex professional snooker player) has kindly offered to hand the Mastercraft cue and case set over to the tournament winner)

If anyone wants to donate a cue and case set for 2nd and 3rd place PM me or contact Chris King at info@vklegends.co.uk

Mikeadyla, thank you for your concern and kind wishes.

Comment

*VK LEGENDS CHARITY SNOOKER OPEN SPONSORED BY MASTERCRAFT CUES*

If any TSF members are in and around Nuneaton on Sunday 6th May please pop into the Attack snooker center and take part in our first charity snooker open in aid of Cancer Research UK. First prize will be a custom Mastercraft cue and case set kindly donated by Dave Buswell of Mastercraft cues. It will be a funfilled day and we are hoping to raise £1000 on the day for Cancer Research UK. If any forum members would like to help out by donating something we can award as a prize or raffle off to raise money please inbox me or contact me via email or phone on the number in the poster below.

www.vklegends.co.uk

Comment

manny101 ignore total muppets with there two pence worth he obviously looks out for himself, im 22 and been in remission from t-cell lymphoma for nearly a year and i think its great what your doing bud people doing realise all the work thats involved in charity events all in aid of others. sincerley hope your event runs smoothly

Comment

Jamie89oc

Glad to hear things are looking up for you. It's nice to be appreciated for trying to help a worthwhile cause. If more people got involved instead of standing on the sidelines then we would be a damn sight closer to finding a cure for this disease. I am doing my bit, and when it comes time for me to meet the man upstairs both me and him will know that I did my bit and for all the right reasons. As I said earlier I will not stoop to the level that a certain forum member did. I have absolutely nothing to prove. Thanks for the kind words and wishing us well in our cause. I don't know where you are, but if your in and around Nuneaton on 6th May pop down and say hello and get involved.

http://www.vklegends.co.uk/latest-ne...er-tournament/
                  Last edited by Manny101; 15 April 2012, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Hi mate. Said i'd catch up with you on TSF. looking forward to the knock out on the 6th. Rumour has it there might be a pool competition aswell ? If you need any help setting up and running the pool comp just give us a shout.

Comment

Thanks for getting Alun Jones involved Chappers...messaged him last night on FB and he's gonna post it on his pool website. Had some photos taken by the local paper and got a cracking banner for right outside the club right in the flow of traffic. Also as you know Nic Barrow has donated his snooker manual and online coaching program "How to make your first 100 break" it's a 350 page manual and online access to Nics website www.thesnookergym.com he's just come back from coaching in China and was eager to help out...Top Bloke.

What do you think to the banner???

Here is the prize Nic Barrow has kindly donated....might keep this for myself...god knows after how I performed in my semi final I need some help :0

http://www.thesnookergym.com/training.php
                      Last edited by Manny101; 22 April 2012, 09:01 AM.

Comment

I have a Mastercraft handmade cue you can have that will hopefully raise a bit of cash for such a good cause . I think its brilliant what you,re doing and wish you all the best not just for this event but future ones as well .

Neil

Comment

In fact i would love to come along and take part in the event . I,m sure i may have a nice case to go with the cue .

Comment

Gents...thank you so very much...the more the merrier...ease inbox me and we will sort the details out. ��

Comment

VK LEGENDS SNOOKER TOURNAMENT GETS GLOWING WRITE UP IN LOCAL PAPER

Our snooker tournament in aid of Cancer Research UK has received a glowing write up in my local paper (maybe they're in on it too eh Liliput!)

There's an open invitation to all forum members to come down on the day and take part and help us raise money for Cancer Research UK.

It's gathering pace everyday..it's not too late for you good people on TSF to get involved...we still need some prizes for our raffle so if anyone wants to donate anything snooker related (preferably a cue and case set) then please IM me and we will sort something out.

SUNDAY MAY 6th @ Atack Snooker Regent Street Nuneaton VK LEGENDS CHARITY SNOOKER TOURNAMENT IN AID OF CANCER RESEARCH UK

Last edited by Manny101; 24 April 2012, 05:12 PM.

Comment

Glad to see you're getting the publicity the event deserves. Watch Hotpot if he takes part, he's a bandit !

Unfortunately I can't be there, I have taken the advice of my management team and entered an amputee only competition. Here are my advisers http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/othe...ts/1143022.stm

Comment

Working...
                                X