No announcement yet.

Exquisite cue workshop update!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i agree get some extraction i havent yet and the dust is creating avoc with my chest and sinuses but ime past my sell by lol

Comment

The thing I found before getting some basic extraction, is that everything gets covered in dust, the workshop just becomes filthy. Now ive got a few bits of kit hooked up its so much cleaner and more pleasent.
      http://thecueguru.weebly.com/

Comment

What is with you guys and your nice shed style workshops ?

Could you not have just converted the kitchen ?

**** the wife off enough, she walks and you can make twice as many cues

Comment

Originally Posted by crispian jones View Post

could be the answer crispian

Comment

Originally Posted by crispian jones View Post

Great Idea m8....lol

Comment

If only it was that easy ....lol.
              Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                If only it was that easy ....lol.
                IT IS mate

Comment

Might be easy, but can be expensive lol, plus you never seem to get a Sunday dinner ever again !!!

Comment

Wonder if I could convert my kitchen? Lol
                    Fridge freezer out! Lathe and bandsaw in! Lol lol

Comment

Hi Raymond
                      You mention you plan to insulate the shed, can I ask for details of what you have planned? Any under the floor? What thickness on the walls, roof? make/rating? Would you then sheet over the insulation again, to say, to hang tools off? and with what? thanks
                      Last edited by DeanH; 5 May 2012, 02:09 PM.
                      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Hi dean I've actually still not done it yet but I have been looking around for the best option and advice!
                        The best way would to probably use king span then line it with ply 22mm or 18mm thick!
                        However it's the most expensive route! So I'm considering just using rockwool then ply!
                        My only worry is that I'd need to make sure there's no water getting into it!
                        As for the floor I've none! It's just a floating wooden floor with plenty of ventilation under it!
                        No dampness can come thru! I hope! Lol

Comment

Hi Raymond
                          I was thinking of using insultaion sheet, between the verticals, they seem to be less susceptable to moisture, but I have gone round the walls with clear sealent and filled any and all gaps/knots, etc
                          I was thinking of getting some thick MDF boards on the inside, so I can hang a reasonable amount of weight of tools
                          The floor I also have a suspended board on baton, but thought maybe do thin insulation board sandwich, but unlike you I do not have 2-tonne lathe to cater for
                          cheers, keep the updates coming
                          Last edited by DeanH; 6 May 2012, 10:17 AM.
                          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

whereabouts are you based, and do you have a table to try out some cues? .. not looking for one myself, as ive just recently got one, but i could let my friends know!

Comment

South side of Glasgow! No don't have a table to try them out I'm afraid I wish I had! Lol

Comment

Hi raymo147,

hope you dont mind me asking but where do you get your wood (shaft and splices) from, is it local? The reason i ask is im from just outside Glasgow and was looking into trying to make my first que but not sure where can get the wood other than online.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                                X