Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kinda figured that out from day one!
    Getting there slowly but surely!
    Put it this way there's no turning back!

Comment

Originally Posted by raymo147 View Post
      Kinda figured that out from day one!
      Getting there slowly but surely!
      Put it this way there's no turning back!
      1st bit of lathe humour ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Any tips Bill? Lol

Comment

yeah im going through the buying phase. just a few bits to make a few cues in my garage! The list of stuff seems endless!

Comment

What do you have? Do you have a lathe yet?

Comment

Originally Posted by mopster View Post
              yeah im going through the buying phase. just a few bits to make a few cues in my garage! The list of stuff seems endless!
              it is endless and when youve got it you want something else

Comment

i bought an old lathe from ebay. just awaiting collection from my bother in laws! Just a woodturning one but modified to 60 inch bed so should hold a full length cue. Which will help on tips and stuff. Jason Owen helped me with some cue blanks to start me off. so have 5 of them to practice on.

Bought some hardwoods from various on-line suppliers. Off to tonbridge this weekend to go to timberline for some more wood. Otherwise just making sure i have planes, sanders, measuring stuff. Making a jig to work on the cues, various glues, waxes..... list goes on and on ,... 90% done now. start working on some in about 2 weeks i think

This TSF forum has tons of information if you trawl through the posts!

Comment

Originally Posted by jim evans View Post
                  it is endless and when youve got it you want something else
                  Yes agreed Tool envy is nasty!!
                  Luckily my dad was a carpenter and I inherited a lot of his old tools.

A bandsaw is next on my list!! I have these blocks of ebony, rosewood and currently need the local joinery to cut them for me..

Comment

i know it sounds daft buy get the biggest strongest bandsaw you can afford i picked mine up off ebay local for £60 does a grand job also got a smaller one for smaller stuff ps is this mark

Comment

nope not a Dave a Paul.

I'm a county pool player from London.

Comment

enjoy the learning curve then mate it can be frustrating

Comment

enjoy the learning curve then mate it can be frustrating
                          Yeah im hoping i have the patience for it. I shall see how it goes. Not planning to do too many unless i get a real liking for it. But looking forward to creating my own cues.

Cheers for the advice on the bandsaw. Yeah just waiting for a decent one to come up 2nd hand. Luckily my local joinery is only about 2 mins round the corner. So they can help me out for time being.

Comment

it sounds as if we have asimilar lathe i have a record lathe which fits on 2 like scaffold tubes so i can go from minibutts to full length cues up to 60 ins

Comment

it sounds as if we have asimilar lathe i have a record lathe which fits on 2 like scaffold tubes so i can go from minibutts to full length cues up to 60 ins
                              Similar. It's older. Clarke style with just one tube

Comment

More pics of workshop progress!
                                Decided to paint the osb boards as the dark nights are coming in!
                                So will feel brighter when I get fluorescent tubes installed!
                                http://i861.photobucket.com/albums/a...92707F0819.jpg
                                http://i861.photobucket.com/albums/a...9285E36293.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X