removing joint help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• removing joint help

My Nephew has a cheapo bce cue and the joint has come loose. Loose in the fact it twists a mm or 2 but wont actually come out. Its making a funny noise every time cueball has hit as obviously the joint is loose. He has asked me to have a look for him as its not worth anything gonna have a go myself.

Now i'm thinking the obvious solution is to heat the pin on the joint to break the gule then hopefully it will twist/pull out, so i can reglue it. Bit like the ferrule but i guess will be much harder as the pin inside will go quite deep. Obviously the problem is heating the wood up too much but i havent got much to loose, just wondered if there was a more obvious or easier solution before i get the iron out lol.

just get a small blow lamp on low heat the very end of joint, heat will travel down joint and unscrew dont let the brass turn colour ie blue,a little bit at a time and put a bit of fine emery on joint when unscrewing

Comment

thanks for your advice Jim, some fine emery on the joint whilst unscrewing, is that to protect or grip the joint Jim?

Cheers,
      Steve

Comment

both..................

Comment

ok good stuff, thanks

Comment

Working...
          X