• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Genuine?

As the title says

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hunt-OByrn...3#ht_749wt_922

I asked for pics of splices and badge, guess what lol

"Here’s the pictures you asked for. As for the badge, when I had the cue made, I asked H&B not to fit a badges as I personally prefer not to have one. For me, it is a case of feel and grip when I played. I know this may affect the sale but I give you my personal guarantee that this cue is genuine and can be authenticated by the brass joint that has been used as this was exclusive to H&B at the time of making it"

I don't actually know, but without a badge i wouldn't touch it
    Last edited by jrc750; 10 April 2012, 11:01 PM.

Comment

And Listed as Hand Made? When its machine spliced!

Also if you look carefully at joint looks as if its just been fitted and havent even oiled the cue after?

I would touch this with a barge pole.

Gaz.

Comment

The ferrule looks the same gazza, i think he's just polished up the brasswork in a very rough way, catching the wood every time lol
        Here are pics i was sent, did H&O actually make machine spliced cues ???

Last edited by jrc750; 10 April 2012, 11:25 PM. Reason: pics added

Comment

i think he as just cleaned the joint either with some wire wool or fine sand paper and not been to carefull and caught the wood just above either side. silly having a cue made and not having a badge fitted.

Comment

Joint looks the similar to genuines but machine spliced was what made me a bit suspicious

As jrc said as well ive also never seen a machine spliced H&O

Comment

im pretty sure they did make machine sliced cues.

Comment

Why would having it badged affect the feel? Most badges are covered in a way that you barely even notice them? Bit weird, I don't know if they made machine spliced cues or not, but I personally wouldn't even bid a tenner on it.
                "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

They did do a blue plate machine spliced cue. Looks genuine to me but never easy without a badge.
                  "Don't think, feel"

Comment

they did red plate hunt and o bryne cues, a member on here used to own a two piece model. ( machine spliced)

heres the thread http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board...yrne-red-plate
                    Last edited by mattyshinobi22; 11 April 2012, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by mattyshinobi22 View Post
                      they did red plate hunt and o bryne cues, a member on here used to own a two piece model. ( machine spliced)

heres the thread http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board...yrne-red-plate
                      Fair play could have been genuine then. As the doctor said without badge hard to convince people it is even though joint looks right

Comment

This looks like it could be a one piece Aeon cue [ re-badged H & O ] . They only thing i don't like , apart from no badge , is the extension . I'm sure the blue extension was not around when they made cues .
                        Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Working...
                        X