John parris made in china

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John parris made in china

There is a entry on e bay under John Parris cues that states John Parris has given the rights for his cues to be made in China !!!!!!!! comments !!!!!!!!!!!

where on ebay? can you post link pls
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

It is listed under John Parris cues and the title is Authentic John Parris made in England the statement is in the description at the bottom. maybe just hear-say.

Comment

yep got it, as you say they are saying this to promote the English-ness of this cue. A very hearsay comment.
        56" - very short
        19oz - very heavy
        may just be the picture but the ferrule looks nasty
        from a "country player" made to his specs, which county
        probably genuine, just very odd specs.

Comment

Here's the link guys: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/John-Parri...#ht_500wt_1287

I think it's genuine, but I think it's been rumoured that they're made in China for ages to be honest. I personally don't believe it :snooker:
          "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

Bet John Parris would not be a happy bunny with this guy starting rumours like that

Comment

I like the way he says "someone in the business"
              Can anyone confirm/deny such rights being given?
              JP?

Comment

I do think it is a Genuine John Parris Cue and you can see the Glue mark Top of the Fingers!

But I dont think he has given the Rights to make his Cues in China thats is Just Hear-Say! Maybe gets the Odd Shaft from Abroad

Gaz.

Comment

Hells bells..... That ferrule does look nasty!!

I must admit it does look genuine, but who knows?? Be interesting to see if John Parris passes comment on it.....
                  Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
                  Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

Lol. 'thoughtful' wording if you ask me.

"few knocks consistent with use" - my guess badly dented.

"made for county player" - maybe, but someone cut it down and referruled it VERY badly. Also, if it's a county player, it suggests pool which means it was originally a small tip, at least 9mm, probably smaller.

Looks to me like someone thought they could just stick a bigger ferrule on and use it for snooker. It's not even 10mm anyway, I'd put money on that.

"someone in the business" - I suspect this was made up or added simply for further effect.

Verging on libellous but worded in a 'casual' manner to imply extra value to the cue.

No doubt some idiot will pay way too much.
                    The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Maybe we should have a section on the forum just devoted to rip-offs and double dealing, members could post observations on anything they think a bit Sus ! sort of Cue Watch ! Further to this is there anyone out there with a vast knowledge of cues who could maybe write a in depth post regarding Fakes, and other rip-offs What to look for ? in fact anything that will stop members wasting their money.

Comment

Originally Posted by denja View Post
                        Maybe we should have a section on the forum just devoted to rip-offs and double dealing, members could post observations on anything they think a bit Sus ! sort of Cue Watch ! Further to this is there anyone out there with a vast knowledge of cues who could maybe write a in depth post regarding Fakes, and other rip-offs What to look for ? in fact anything that will stop members wasting their money.
                        I like the idea of a "CueWatch" thread, [da da dud dud da da ] (a bad rendition of the "Crimewatch" theme tune for those not in UK )
                        A single point of reference of past bad dealings, like that JPU numbered badge that was sold on its own and then appeared on a cue!

All the rest I think is already happening but all in one thread would be easier to find/cross-reference

Comment

All those in favour of a CUEWATCH section vote yes

Comment

Originally Posted by denja View Post
                            BRILLIANT IDEA Denja !!

Buy a new cue from the manufacturer or retail outlet ( with proof of purchase, no second hand purchases ) and list it and a photo on TSF.
                            The tricksters of this world will find way to corrupt this no doubt, but it will be that little bit harder for the C..k..s to rip off.
                            " Cues are like girlfriends,once they become an EX I don't want them hanging around ".

Comment

Cue watch thread sounds great! Would certainly help some people spend their money better
                              "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

Working...
                              X