Tevor white cue on ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by sanman View Post
    Never realise that it was Trevor himself selling the cue.
    A blow for the eBay police in "Genuine Cue for Sale" shocker!!

Comment

Originally Posted by sanman View Post
      had a look at some cues on ebay and came across this one

very ineresting as I have yet to see a TW cue with a flaw in the shaft

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Trevor-Whi...87929121441550

The other starnge thing is 22 inch splices. When I asked Trevor White for 20 inch splices he confirmed with me that his lenghts of ebony were 20 inches and generally after finishing a cue a maximum lenght of 19 inches for a one piece splice lenght can be expected

maybe Trevor can shed more light on this cue

This cue was made as you see it, with a longer butt at approx 22", similar in design to the J.P.Mannock cue, only all hand spliced.

The shaft was left a good bit oversize towards the ferrule and the butt was spliced up. On taking it down to final dimensions, this dark mark appeared near the end of the shaft. Strangely enough, the more I reduced the thickness, the more it appeared to grow.
      It was one of the oddest makrs I'd seen in a piece of maple, and it seemed to come from nowhere.

As the listing states, I was going to scrap it but it seemed a waste of an otherwise very nice cue. If used held in certain positions, the mark is completely out of sight, so I thought someone might get use from it.

As to the reason I may have suggested a butt can only be of a certain length.......

If I am asked for a plain ebony butt or one with only a front splice, then no, I cannot make that at 22" long, because I use ebony which is pre-cut to approx 19" lengths, as virtually all cue makers do, as that's the size which almost all the ebony for the cue trade happens to be. However, if a cue is made with four lower splices, then longer butts are not a problem at all, and can be 22" or over if required. This is what has maybe caused you the confusion.

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
        Lol have you even looked at the pics and read the description ??
        Blemish is 6" from tip, so you would need to take it down to 51 1/2"
        Thats if the blemish went all the way through, could be surface or not too deep? It was tongue in cheek really i'm sure Trevor would have lost the mark if possible.

Comment

Working...
        X