Jason Owen - Cue Guru Cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by JasonOwen View Post
    Its all ferruled now and will be with you middle of next week Bill, your lucky it isnt 58 inches long, cause it would then be close enough to my specs for me to keep it, the Wenge looks so cool !
    Many thanks Jason, feel free to have a hit. Thanks also for the advice on getting to this final material / spec . .

Great service.

I'll start filling out the forms to get the money released from she who must be obeyed.

( Triplicate request system introduced last year . ! ! )

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
      That wenge butt is beautiful, wonderful grain, superb job there
      What weight is the cue, wenge is quite dense it is not?
      Managed to get to my spec without any drilling / weights. Always wanted a one piece cue with nothing added. .

Nothing to blame poor form on now except the operator . . . .

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• billabong, you have got a cracker there
        What weight did you want? I was wondering any weights would be needed.
        I am sure this beauty will give you a new sense of confidence that hopefully will transfer into great play
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
          billabong, you have got a cracker there
          What weight did you want? I was wondering any weights would be needed.
          I am sure this beauty will give you a new sense of confidence that hopefully will transfer into great play
          Requested 19oz, cue is 18.7oz, balance at 18", length 57", tip 9mm ( 99% for pool )

I'm not good enough to feel 0.3oz ( although Jason would have weighted it up if I wanted ) ,
          I just played with a few other players cues and got info on the weight balance etc . . of the ones that felt good . .

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Last edited by billabong; 10 October 2012, 12:30 PM.

Comment

• All I need is a nice 1 piece case now. . Anyone got one they're looking to shift ?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Last edited by billabong; 10 October 2012, 03:01 PM.

Comment

• Bill, all finished now, the ferrule is 8.8mm, should be just what you wanted
              I will send out on Monday so will be with you Tuesday.
              http://thecueguru.weebly.com/

Comment

• To the maker and customer, that looks an absolute belter!
                :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by haggishunter View Post
                  To the maker and customer, that looks an absolute belter!
                  Thanks H.H. just in time for the counties ( pool ) in November . .

Can't wait

----------

Comment

• so coming next,
                    A cue with 4 lower splices of thuya.
                    Same again with 4 lower bocote.
                    Same again with 4 lower cocobolo.
                    Then another cue 45 design, triple spliced with eb, tig maple and thuya.
                    Got a piece of Macassar that I may do myself a new cue with.
                    And still want to do another Burwat champion replica, got a badge from Tony (Glover) and the woods, so will get one done soon.

Comment

• Originally Posted by JasonOwen View Post
                      so coming next,
                      A cue with 4 lower splices of thuya.
                      Same again with 4 lower bocote.
                      Same again with 4 lower cocobolo.
                      Then another cue 45 design, triple spliced with eb, tig maple and thuya.
                      Got a piece of Macassar that I may do myself a new cue with.
                      And still want to do another Burwat champion replica, got a badge from Tony (Glover) and the woods, so will get one done soon.
                      Busy busy Jason.

Are you making yourself a replacement for #18, or just trying different specs ?

Any plans to have the cue directory put back onto your site ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• Jason Owen - Cue Guru Cues

Jason, you have email.

Comment

• Originally Posted by billabong View Post
                          Busy busy Jason.

Are you making yourself a replacement for #18, or just trying different specs ?

Any plans to have the cue directory put back onto your site ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Hi ya,

No18 has already had some alterations, I wanted to try a round butt (which I now love) and so took the snakewood off and respliced with a burr front splice and a thick maple veneer. Put badge 57 on it now.
                          The specs now are 9mm, 58 inches, 18 oz, 29mm butt.
                          The butt now feels slightly small for me, im use to 30mm, so gonna make another or may just add 4 lower splices. Depends what shafts I get from the latest batch of ash.

Took down the cue registry as it was an admin chore that I just dont have time for.
                          Just not enough hours in the day.

Comment

• Jason Owen - Cue Guru Cues

Il be making an order shortly

Comment

• Mail again Jason

Comment

• Hi! Jason,

Can you please PM a quote for a cue with below spec & postage to Malaysia ?

Ash shaft
                                plain Cocobolo butt + mini butt
                                Or plain Olive butt + mini butt
                                Length - 57"
                                Weight - 17.5oz
                                9.5mm - ferrule
                                Balance - 17 -18"
                                Butt diameter - 28.5mm

Do you have a tele-extension ?

By the way, how much is cue 066 ?

Thanks & xie xie.
                                Last edited by kadobau; 23 October 2012, 02:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X