No announcement yet.

Jason Owen - Cue Guru Cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Make a poll of TSF members to find most popular & desired woods, or start "Best Cue Design" competition with "small gift" for the winner :-)

Comment

• Originally Posted by sberry View Post
      for showboating how about reverse the splices, full burr butt like you said with 4 lower splices of ebony, maple veneers?

mini butt ebony with burr mini splices
      Or maybe light coloured butt, and maybe first black veneer between shaft and butt for distinguishing

Comment

• As well as getting a special butt, how about trying a one off shaft material ( pearwood ) ?

I sent an email asking for a small offcut from this :-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-19722595

If they ever get back to me, I'll send you a bit .

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Last edited by billabong; 7 March 2013, 07:55 AM.

Comment

• Plain ebony butt but with red, yellow, green, brown, blue pink, black and white (to separate ebony from the black veneers obviously) veneers above the splices between the ebony and the shaft (if that's possible lol) :snooker:
          "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

• Not for sale..custom cue.

http://thecueguru.weebly.com/

Comment

• Not for sale...Custom cue

Comment

• They are gorgeous!

Comment

• These cues are absolutely stunning! Your craftsmanship is definately up there with the best.

Comment

• Delicious looking cue that is.

Comment

• i've just made a mess !!! The chevrons on 087.....simply stunning
                      Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• Originally Posted by willtyson View Post
                        Plain ebony butt but with red, yellow, green, brown, blue pink, black and white (to separate ebony from the black veneers obviously) veneers above the splices between the ebony and the shaft (if that's possible lol) :snooker:
                        I'd go with this but probably ebony veneers then ebony
                        Or humbug splice with all the colours in the middle, 4 times round the cue
                        sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

• Originally Posted by JasonOwen View Post
                          Not for sale..custom cue.

This is my favorite one of yours I've seen. The figuring on the burr is beautiful. The shaft is perfect. Really amazing work, Jason!
                          Oh, and that's a bad miss.

Comment

• Whoo hoo! Paid the deposit for mine today
                            Something similar to #075 heading to the land down under... in a few months time of course :snooker:
                            Mick

Comment

• Quite often I shed tears from making cues, and then once in a while I crack open some splices to find I have got every single one spot on even and then, and only then....I smile

Gonna be a cracking cue this one, another small front splice of thuya to go on, I will be back with pics of the finished cue.

Comment

• this one looks really really good. not a fan of multiple splices but cant wait for photos of the finished product.

Comment

Working...
                                X