No announcement yet.

Jason Owen - Cue Guru Cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone come along to pick a shaft or is it just for people you know?

Originally Posted by JasonOwen View Post
    I had Graham "Poona" in the workshop this week picking a shaft for his cue, he didnt look too keen to touch anything for the coating of dust lol

Comment

• Just me cos I am amazing! :P

Haha jokes aside, Jason is a top bloke (he barely even flinched when I almost dropped his whole supply of exotic woods onto the floor DOH!)

further jokes aside.. After having been through many many cues by the very top cue makers of this world, I can honestly say that this guys work is fantastic. I have this annoying habit of only wanting the best money can buy and having compared a recent 'big name' cue maker's work with Jason's latest pieces, they are not only comparable but in certain aspects his cues are aesthetically superior. With Jason, you don't pay extra for a 'select shaft' or 'Ultimate shaft' you get one as standard.

I can't yet vouch for how they play (and of course every cue will play differently anyhow) but if my immediate order reflects my confidence in his workmanship; then I can see this chap going very far indeed in this business. Will only be a matter of time before his waiting lists mount up with the quality he is producing.
      Last edited by poona; 19 April 2013, 06:05 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
        Can anyone come along to pick a shaft or is it just for people you know?
        It was a one off as Graham had moved locally and luckily I had a few shafts ready.
        http://thecueguru.weebly.com/

Comment

• Those are pure class Jason.
          Oh, and that's a bad miss.

Comment

• Jason, any jointed cues in the pipeline?

Comment

• Originally Posted by itx View Post
              Jason, any jointed cues in the pipeline?
              Nope sorry

Comment

• Congrats for 100 cues. I remember asking you for Nr. 147 two years ago!

...i was too late
                mind control > body control > cue control > ball control

Comment

• So that's a no?
                  Even if I was passing your house one sunny day and I wanted to pop-in and place an order?

It was a one off as Graham had moved locally and luckily I had a few shafts ready.

Comment

So that's a no?
                    Even if I was passing your house one sunny day and I wanted to pop-in and place an order?
                    Youd have to catch me on a very good day and have a case of Magners under your arm!
                    Seriously tho, No.

Comment

• I could do better than that and turn up with waitrose-own 8% cider but, Iv decided.. Your cold J

Youd have to catch me on a very good day and have a case of Magners under your arm!
                      Seriously tho, No.

Comment

• Both cues sold.
                        Thanks for the interest fellas.

In the workshop on the go at the mo, have a cue with 4 btm burr splices and thick maple veneers, a triple spliced cue, a Macassar for Poona on here and a cue with a lovely thuya front splice.
                        Just got some nice burrs in, Mallee burrs.
                        Working hard to get the orders out and then wind down a bit for the summer, should we have one.

Comment

• Do you have any good Pro-Am/ Professional players using one of your cues Jason? Or is Poona the only one?

Comment

Do you have any good Pro-Am/ Professional players using one of your cues Jason? Or is Poona the only one?
                            I've had enquiries from 2 top 32 pro's but nothing has progressed yet.
                            Also making Keith Brewer a cue at the mo, or a knitting needle as it will be from his specs.

Comment

• Originally Posted by JasonOwen View Post
                              Also making Keith Brewer a cue at the mo, or a knitting needle as it will be from his specs.
                              Now there would be a test. Making a pearwood shafted cue to Keith's specs, AND getting it to stay straight. .

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• Originally Posted by JasonOwen View Post
                                Both cues sold.
                                Thanks for the interest fellas.

In the workshop on the go at the mo, have a cue with 4 btm burr splices and thick maple veneers, a triple spliced cue, a Macassar for Poona on here and a cue with a lovely thuya front splice.
                                Just got some nice burrs in, Mallee burrs.
                                Working hard to get the orders out and then wind down a bit for the summer, should we have one.
                                I'm hoping that triple spliced is the retirement gift to myself. Last full working shift tomorrow. I'm thinking of having the summer off myself. We'll see after that. Boredom might set in.

Comment

Working...
                                X