Jason Owen - Cue Guru Cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
    102 what a stunner, you are making me not well :cower: I've had to put my ref gloves on and hide my eyes.
    Cue 102. Mint........and mine. Plays every bit as good as it looks.

Comment

• Have to shout about this one, Ive only gone and made a cue for Nick Kenny and he is happy with it! Yes happy!!
      For those who dont know Nick, he is the love child of Jack Dee and Jo Brand. He was offered a job on East Enders to try and bring down the mood slightly!
      Nick is happy, I feel at last ive made it in the cue makers world !
      http://thecueguru.weebly.com/

Comment

• Originally Posted by JasonOwen View Post
        Have to shout about this one, Ive only gone and made a cue for Nick Kenny and he is happy with it! Yes happy!!
        For those who dont know Nick, he is the love child of Jack Dee and Jo Brand. He was offered a job on East Enders to try and bring down the mood slightly!
        Nick is happy, I feel at last ive made it in the cue makers world !
        any pics of said cue?
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Jason Owen - Cue Guru Cues

I've had the pleasure of a cyber relationship with Jason (not the type u get at eharmony or bears in the wood etc but one built on our love of wood!) and its been one that normally costs me money either on cues or badges etc etc.
          That being said I was delighted although I thought him a little mad just under three years ago when he told me he was going to start making his own cues. Others have tried and failed, some very publicly as fellow members are only too aware.

Well I ordered a cue some time ago asking Jason to set aside No29 for me, but unfortunately I had to renege on the deal and the timing was just not good for me. So after approx a 2 year hiatus I went back to the man...........

If u trail thru the many good and frankly some not so good threads on this forum you will notice many people throwing their hats into the rings of their favourite and perceived best cuemaker in the world. In my opinion there is no single best cuemaker out there. There are good and bad and a handful of them that on any given day can produce cues as well as it is possible to build a cue. Well in this snooker player and cue enthusiasts mind (and that's a strange place for Jason to be) for what it is worth its time to add his name to that elite list.
          In a short space of time Jason has learnt to make an exceptional cue indeed. The ash and maccassar used are first class. The splicing and tips of the splicing are spot on, the attention to my specification are first rate, the finish on the cue is amazing the communication and delivery to promise are on the money. Quite simply I cannot fault the whole process.

Put simply if u are in the market for a well made UK produced cue at a competitive price then you won't go wrong, but be warned Jason has a 3-6 month waiting list and believe you me next year this man is going to be very very busy so do it and do it now!!!!!!! Nick.
          Its not how well you play its how good you look playing that counts!

Comment

• Jason Owen - Cue Guru Cues

oh and he kept the No29 back for me without my knowledge because the cunning f&#+ker knew I wouldn't be able to resist and would be back eventually!!!!!!
            Its not how well you play its how good you look playing that counts!

Comment

• i have been dealing with Jason for the last 2 years, had 6 cues off him and a few others going through my hands locally.

I have nothing but good things to say about the man, excellent communication, top notch work, the very foundation that will make his brand name cement as one of the best in many years to come.

Comment

• I received my cue from Jason last week and I have hardly put it down since! I was somewhat nervous about it travelling from the UK to me here in Australia but it arrived via TNT in a PVC tube fully protected and in perfect condition. The quality of Jason's work is commented on again and again on this forum and I have to agree with everything that has already been written, the workmanship is superb and my cue is everything I hoped it would be. If you are OS and thinking about a handcrafted cue all I can say is get in line and place an order with Jason. He is a pleasure to deal with and he has the wonderful knack of interpreting your garbled requirements without making you feel like a tool lol how do I know?... I wanted my cue to be similar to his 075 cue but with a little more of the maple veneer showing and that is exactly what I got. Thanks Jason.

Here's a few pic of 110
                IMG_1658sm.jpg
                IMG_1663sm.jpg
                IMG_6730sm.jpg
                Last edited by laverda; 17 July 2013, 09:07 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• That's a beauty Laverda, I never used to like the thick veneers but they have grown on me and I really like them now.
                  This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                  https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• I came on here to post a wanted ad on behalf of a friend and stumbled across this thread.

Seeing as I also own a Jason Owen Cue thought I'd better post a picture and tell every1 how happy I am with it. I've been playing with a Terry Townsend handmade cue for the best part of 20 years and while I loved the cue and didnt think things could much better, I was wrong. I didnt realise what a difference it would and has made to my game. Not only is my cue lovely to play with its a work of art and I regularly banish the Mrs to the spare room so we can have some quality time together away from the baize!

The only thing I cant work out is how to post a picture of the little beauty!

Comment

• Lol..... I reckon your in the right place then benbob!!

Welcome to the forum bud.....

You can't post any pictures on the forum until you've clocked up 10 posts,

Your best bet is to using a photo hosting site like photobucket or imagineshack....
                      Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
                      Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

• Well in Coomsey at least I know its not me! I'm guessing thats why I cant post in the wanted section either /:

Comment

• It sure is mate, until you reach that magical 10 posts some of posts have to be moderated or something to that effect.....

Sounds like you've definitely been bitten with the snooker bug.... 20 years of regularly banishing the misses to the spare room, that's commitment!!

Your in good company bud!! Lol.....

Comment

• Here's a preview of my new cue... No. 139 handmade by Jason Owen - The Cue Guru, to my own specification. It's been five long months in the waiting... the cue has still yet to be oiled which will take another couple of weeks...

The spec is:

Ash Shaft - 6-9 even arrows as available.
                            Butt: Ebony
                            Top Splice: Kingwood
                            1st Veneer: Ebony
                            2nd Veneer: Maple

Othodox Orientation:
                            Grain Arrows: 12 o'clock
                            Flat & Badge: 12 o'clock
                            Splice & Veneers: 12 o'clock

Length: 58.5 in
                            Tip Diam: 9.75 mm
                            Butt Diam: 30 mm
                            Weight: 18.5 oz
                            SD Butt Joint

Accessories:
                            SD 6" mini butt in Ebony
                            SD telescopic extension (21" - 35")

photo 1.jpgphoto 2.jpgphoto 3.jpgphoto 4.jpg
                            Last edited by Steve_Tuck; 18 October 2013, 09:47 AM.
                            Highest 109, Matchplay 70, Line-Up 125... all a long time ago.

Comment

• Very nice indeed . I like the side with less arrows . Nicely spaced .
                              Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• That's a cracking looking cue bud.....

Some very precise requirements there for the orientation of the flat and arrows, it certiainly looks the business!!

I bet you can't wait to get hold of that beauty??

Comment

Working...
                                X