Decent cue store in South East Asia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decent cue store in South East Asia

Unfortunately my JP Mastercue bought from eBay got cracked somewhere inside and now I'm looking for new one

Having no chance to try any good cue in Russia before inquiry, it has cost me a fortune with 2 cues bought online and one finally became cracked and second warped a lot in few months. Don't want to have such an experience anymore.

Now I'm going to the trip to South-East Asia with visiting Hong Kong and Bangkok. I know that there some decent brands for these countries like LKT and O'min, also previous time there was some guy from Thai in this forum who made a lot of good cues for the folks here.

I'm not looking for some special cue with magnificent veneer or special requirements. Moreover, I even don't care if it would be handspliced or machine spliced... Just any decent one from good piece of which wouldn't come warped or cracked after short time. And the cue which I can try before pay for it.

Could anyone specify any store in Hong Kong and / or Bangkok with range of cues?
    Don't want to spend more than 100-200 pounds on this stuff

Thanks for any help or advice there

BR

Hi, when your are in Bangkok, just hop over to O'Min's shop/workshop located at 62 Moo, 18 Srihaburanukit Road, Minburi, 10510 Bangkok. Contact nos 0-25175320 or 0-25170537. They have plenty of handmade cues readily displayed at the shop. Your budget of 200 pounds(equiv to about 10,000 Thai Baht)will get you some very nice and decent cue. Try the model 'Union' approx 9500 Thai Baht, or the 'Universe' or the 'Imagine', these two models will cost less than the 'Union'. You can try out these cues as they have a full size playing table at their shop, it's an outdoor table though. Once you have decided on a cue, you can get them to alter the cue to your exact specs and requirement there and then, things like length, weight, tip size, butt size etc. It'll probably take about 45mins or so for some minor alterations. I suggest you go for a 3/4 piece handmade cue as this's available on site. Hope this helps and good luck.

Comment

LKT is very nice cue, but now seems not many stock in hk.........will you travel to shenzhen?

Comment

If you are in Hong Kong, you must go to the 147 store, the link below is the website for the shop:

http://www.snooker147.net/contact.htm

The shop is most likely one of the best cue stores in all of Asia, other then being a major provider for DeRoo cues, 147 is also expecting nearly 90 pieces of John Parris cues to be delivered within the next few months. The shop also sells all the other notable brands such as Will Hunt, Wooldridge, Stamford cues and a few Trevor Whites. If you are on a budget, 147 provides economic cues such as Master and LP. The shop also has a full size table for you to try the cues on and the owner is probably the nicest guy there is as he lets you try any cue for as long as you want, he is also the official equipment consultant for Marco Fu. If you do purchase a cue there, future minor maintenance is free and tip replacement (elk master) is also free every time.

I, myself, bought a Hunt and Osbourne blue plate from him around 6 months ago and now I've been going back ever since for tip replacements and just leisurely play.

Hours : Mon-Sat (2:00pm - 8:00pm) Closed on Sun and public holidays.
        Address: Flat / Rm B , 4/F ,Chung Pont Bldg, No.300 Hennessy Rd , Wan Chai, Hong Kong

Comment

If you do decide to shop there, mention that Keith sent you and you might get a free case and a discount.

Comment

Working...
          X