cue tip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cue tip

Hi i keep retipping my cue with very old blue diamond tips and they chip sometimes when i miss cue. I have about an 8 mill tip and like it very low to the ferrule, any advice on why they are chipping and what other tips i should try?

old (Brunswick or Tweenten?) Blue Diamonds, 1) "old" they could have dried out, 2) the old BB were known to be variable in quality.
    Also having a thin tip, on a small ferrule, you have great chance if chipping the edge of the tip onto the sharp, very curved ferrule.
    Two points for you:
    1. Leave more meat on the tip, i.e. thicker.
    2. Try Buffalo Blue Diamond Plus tips, these are like what you would expect the old Blue Diamond tips to be like. ADR147 sells these at reasonable price at his ebay shop. But I would still recommend leaving more thickness to the tip to give it greater strength at the edge.
    cheers
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Hi Dean am sure sure which ones they are but i think ur right i will leave abit more on them when shaping tip. They were kept in a basement for 20 years, al have a look now on ebay cheers.

Comment

Are you using super glue to stick your tip on ? Sometimes the glue soaks into the tip making it brittle, try using a gel. It doesn't soak in as much.

Comment

Yeh i am using super glue, everyone i know just uses super glue am sure

Comment

I do use super glue gel as well as it gives more control on application but also I find it does not go up the sides of the tip or runs down the ferrule like the normal liquid glue can do sometimes.
            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by sam147 View Post
              Hi i keep retipping my cue with very old blue diamond tips and they chip sometimes when i miss cue. I have about an 8 mill tip and like it very low to the ferrule, any advice on why they are chipping and what other tips i should try?
              I have Fitted 100's of Different Tips and the Old Blue Diamonds as already said many years ago were very good but recent years they been very hit and miss Until the Blue Diamond Plus Tips came out these are excellent and i highly recommend them and so are the Mike Wooldridge Super Tips but its all Personal Preference some like Kamui, Talisman, Phoenix, Elks, etc.

I would also agree with leaving alittle more on your Tip dont take it down to the Ferrule leave abit of height on it Not like a Ice Cream but alittle and you will find alot of difference. But you shouldnt be Miss Cueing in the 1st Place if your Miss Cueing when trying to Screw Back then Lower your Bridge Hand and make sure the Cue is Paraell with the Cloth and Not Digging down on the Cue Ball as Most do as that what Causes most Miss Cues.

Hope this Helps.

Gaz.
              Last edited by gazza147; 28 April 2012, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X