Stephen Hendrys Latest Cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stephen Hendrys Latest Cue

I asked Chris Henry what was the spec of the cue that Stephen Hendry is now using and he gave me the following specs:-

Length 58 in
    Weight 17.25 oz
    Tip 9.25 mm
    Butt 27 mm
    3/4 Joined at 16in
    Maple shaft

Oldgit
    'Believe To Achieve'

I think those are fairly standard specs for an Acuerate "Pro".

Hendry seems to use a different model every year - hopefully next year he'll be using one with a different type of ferrule!!!

Comment

The butt size is definitely not standard, Stepehn prefers a very slim butt size as does John Higgins.

Has anyone noticed that Stephens tip looks like it has been sliced with a Stanley knife? You can clearly see all the knife marks whenever there is a close up..........would put me off!!

Originally Posted by Tred View Post
      I think those are fairly standard specs for an Acuerate "Pro".

Hendry seems to use a different model every year - hopefully next year he'll be using one with a different type of ferrule!!!
      'Believe To Achieve'

Comment

Originally Posted by Oldgit View Post
        I asked Chris Henry what was the spec of the cue that Stephen Hendry is now using and he gave me the following specs:-

Length 58 in
        Weight 17.25 oz
        Tip 9.25 mm
        Butt 27 mm
        3/4 Joined at 16in
        Maple shaft

Oldgit
        May I ask what brand are they?

Comment

Originally Posted by MIJ View Post
          May I ask what brand are they?
          The cue is an Acuerate 'pro'
          'Believe To Achieve'

Comment

The butt size is definitely not standard, Stepehn prefers a very slim butt size as does John Higgins.

Has anyone noticed that Stephens tip looks like it has been sliced with a Stanley knife? You can clearly see all the knife marks whenever there is a close up..........would put me off!!
            i noticed is tip dont look very tidy does it

Comment

Thanks for sharing mate, very interesting :snooker:
              "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

So hes back to an acuerate again? He keeps this up he'll be rivalling Dominic Dale pretty soon. So much for "cues don't matter", eh Stephen

Comment

As far as I know, he's been using acuerates for quite a while. If memory serves me, he was using a different one in 2011 when I saw him make a 147 in Newport (it was an acuerate "Classic" I think).

Comment

slim butt small tip lower weight

Comment

I noticed that for sure. I figure he must have put the tip on in a rush job.
                      Mayur Jobanputra, Snooker Coach and Snooker Enthusiast
                      My Snooker Blog: www.snookerdelight.com

Comment

Originally Posted by thelongbomber View Post
                        I noticed that for sure. I figure he must have put the tip on in a rush job.
                        I don't know who does Stephen's tips for him but I do know he doesn't do them himself.

Comment

Mr magoo maybe! Lol lol

Comment

I think he's now using LKT cue which is a Chinese upcoming brand.

Comment

http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board...endry+cue+pics This wasn't so long ago, I imagine he's still using that! :snooker:
                              "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

Working...
                              X