No announcement yet.

Dominic Dale getting a new cue.........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dominic Dale getting a new cue.........

Ive heard Dale is getting a new cue, just wondering why he change cue and what brand are they?

As you may know Dominic Dale is somewhat of a cue collector and has had and has many many cues
    Often seen changing cues from tournament to touraement
    I would not be surprised if he has not been to a cuemaker or two, maybe even MW to see about a BlackSpin as I beleive DD has had a play with Kizzies, ?
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

I think he's currently using a bourroughes and watts eureka, can't be certain if it's a replica though
      "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

yep, the BBC zoomed into it during his match, Burroughs&Watt Eureka, definitely, and Steve Davis said it was old, so maybe not a replica, ?

Comment

Originally Posted by willtyson View Post
          I think he's currently using a bourroughes and watts eureka, can't be certain if it's a replica though
          Its a Tony Glover Replica and a really great cue......;-)

Comment

been reliable informed today its a glover rep which he will be moving on shortly, snap ants

Comment

Originally Posted by jim evans View Post
              been reliable informed today its a glover rep which he will be moving on shortly, snap ants
              Thought you'd have sold him one of yours Jim while he's in Sheffield ....;-)

Comment

TG replica - quite a recent one then?
                many thanks for the info.

Comment

Originally Posted by CueAntW147 View Post
                  Thought you'd have sold him one of yours Jim while he's in Sheffield ....;-)
                  he's not that hard up ants lol,talked to a collector who knows him and glover very well and we were talking about it 2 hours ago

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                    TG replica - quite a recent one then?
                    many thanks for the info.
                    Less than six months old i think, so quite a long time for Dom......lol

Comment

Originally Posted by CueAntW147 View Post
                      Less than six months old i think, so quite a long time for Dom......lol
                      LOL
                      cheers

Comment

Originally Posted by jim evans View Post
                        he's not that hard up ants lol,
                        lol.......only a matter of time mate before the first Jawes cue hits the top 16.....you need to have a market stall at the crucible while the worlds is on.......;-)

Comment

As you mentioned Dom does change his cue very often nearly every tournament and this is what lets him down I beleive, As dom is a very good player and would be alot better if he stuck with same cue but he doesnt.

I spoke to his dad few months ago and asked how is Dom and he said good now hes moved back to UK and I said he sticking with 1 Cue Now and he said Yes doms trying to stay with one Cue! I have seen 3 Cues Since Unreal!!

Hes good friends with Chris Lloyd who is also a Joe Davis Cue & Memorbillia Collector and Chris also likes Old Cues.

Yes he can pick up a Cue when doing Exhibitions and play quite well but not playing to Top Standard on Tv which he needs to do if hes Serious about making it on Tour.

Gaz.
                          Last edited by gazza147; 29 April 2012, 06:19 PM.

Comment

I don't know why Dom keeps changing cues. Surely he knows that all cues play differently and that snooker requires you to be at one with your cue so as to allow you to feel confident with playing all the shots. What I notice a lot with Dom is when the pressure comes on him he doesn't get pots he would do normally and I put that down to the cue and the unfamiliarity with it. I'm sure had he not got this obsession with cues he'd be a consistant top 16 player because he has a good all round game. AS I say its inconsistancy that costs him and its no wonder when you use a new cue every 2-3 months.

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
                              I don't know why Dom keeps changing cues. Surely he knows that all cues play differently and that snooker requires you to be at one with your cue so as to allow you to feel confident with playing all the shots. What I notice a lot with Dom is when the pressure comes on him he doesn't get pots he would do normally and I put that down to the cue and the unfamiliarity with it. I'm sure had he not got this obsession with cues he'd be a consistant top 16 player because he has a good all round game. AS I say its inconsistancy that costs him and its no wonder when you use a new cue every 2-3 months.
                              it's not that they are similar either the weights can be vastly different and the tip size anything from 8-11mm!
                              https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Working...
                              X