Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• antique hand spliced maple cue without bagde

Hi everyone
    hoping someone can help me to determine the origin of a cue that came into my possession recently. The cue in question is a beautiful- what seems to be- birds eye maple cue with dark ebony hand splices and the flat made out of birds eye maple again. Judging by the state of the ferrule i would estimate the cue is at least 1950s if not earlier. It is stamped oz 16 with the 16 underneath the oz. However the cue has no bagde ( and i dont mean the bagde is missing) and therefore doesnt give any indication of the maker at all. Does anyone know about a cue maker from that sort of era who didnt bagde his cues? any help someone could give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys

Very very difficult without a badge, maybe put some pics on, might help a bit ?

Comment

If you need help on Uploading your Pictures message me ok and i would be glad to help.

Comment

will put some pictures up as soon i get my camera working. might have to take you up on the offer to help me out on that one gazza.

Comment

yeah photos not easy

Comment

Looks like a quality cue, shame no badge, but if it plays well who really cares

Comment

have'nt played with it yet mate. only bought it on sunday, thinking of getting a new ferrule put on first. however the ferrule might be one of the best clues of determining the era the cue was made in so might wait a bit. was thinking that the top splice was replaced maybe or put on at a later date but since the maple used for it looks pretty much the same as the one used for the shaft i think it rather unlikely

Comment

Working...
              X