Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tw cue finish

hi everyone,
    ive just brought a new trevor white cue and ive got to say the finish is unbelievably silky smooth, however, ive still got a bit of growing to do and as im not going to be holding the cue on the flat yet ive been told to stick on a bit of insulation tape as a marker for my grip. please could you tell me if this will damage the finish or leave any marks on the wood?
    cheers
    harry

Hi Harry... I don't think a bit of sticky tape would affect the finish of a cue, much less the wood. But you may find it difficult to get some of the sticky stuff off if it's left there for a long time, as you would find the same with most other materials. But one thing is for sure though, no tape or pencil mark or rubberband is ever, ever going to be on my Trevor White cue...

I know some people advocate marking the cue as a guide on where to grip and place the bridge hand. I think it's quite unnecessary if you just make a conscious mental effort when cueing up. It becomes second nature after practice.

I find the cue finish silky smooth too, even under humid conditions and there's a nice feel to it too. I can't achieve that with my other "rougher" cues by using cue slick products; it feels artificial and wears off.
    When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back. GET MAD!!

Comment

Hi Harry ,

Very pleased that you got your cue sorted out . I reckon that it will become 2nd nature to you where you hold the butt , so you won't need tape .

Are you about Sunday afternoon for a game ? We could look at where you hold the cue then if you like .

Cheers

Neil
      Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Thanks for the replies. And yes neil ill be about sunday afternoon just text me mate.

Comment

Not sure why you need a marker where to hold the butt?

I would personally just make it my pre-shot routine to loosely slide the butt hand when down on the shot to where it feels comfortable with every shot before gripping it to your desired strength.

You will see pro's usually never hold the butt in the same place as they adjust for the type of shot they are playing e.g. strength of shot, on the cushion etc....

Comment

Working...
          X